What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

Charatan rolls - similar to Dunhill navy rolls.

2 Likes

Just got a new order of pipe tobacco a few days ago. Today I am trying MacBaren Latakia flake. Which smells amazing. Gonna eat lunch and then take a walk. Last night I tried Ashton Rainy day (well in the afternoon) and it was nice and a little strange. If you like interesting aromatics it’s worth a shot. Though it really was a mix of tropical and autumnal almost like they really did make a fantasies about being in the tropics on a rainy fall day into a pipe tobacco. Last night I tried the Semois which is a Belgium heirloom tobacco and god damn ain’t nothing like it. First off the room note is often called offensive and well it smells a lot like a cigarette with a little cigar and ashtray. It’s dry you can probably light it with just a flint. You can tell it’s a variant of burley right away. In fact the closest thing I have smelled to this one would be five brothers. It’s definitely not five brothers it’s the sixth brother that they don’t talk about much. Some how it’s cruder, rougher, and more sophisticated than the other five brothers. The weirdest thing about it is the subtle floral notes. They don’t seem like they belong there yet they work really well. If you like Five Brothers or other heavy burly smokes, then give it a try because frankly I love it even if I can’t for the life of me explain or figure out why.

2 Likes

the Latakia flake is pretty amazing actually. In my opinion.

2 Likes

Scottish blend by Mac Baren.

2 Likes

G.L. Pease Key Largo. Well not at the moment but latter. It’s pretty much one of my top blends. Certainly worth a try if you’ve never tried chopped cigar leaf blends.

1 Like

Carter Hall In a Dr. Grabow Emperor 81, G’Day

2 Likes

Where the hell is everyone, are you guys really that lazy that you can’t post a comment every once in a while???

1 Like

CULT BLOOD RED MOON- Not a huge fan of Cherry but this one is awesome! nice and smooth with no tongue bite at all. 

1 Like

Being shockingly low on snuff, I’ve gotten my pipes back out. Currently Mac Baren’s Vanilla Cream is keeping my little Meer Apple warm. Not a lot of nic, but my wife loves the smell and I like it. Once the house smells nice, I’m on to the Dark Strong Fired flake which doesn’t smell as nice but has a very nice kick.

4 Likes

smoked the last of my university flake. It’s one of my top three favorites at the moment.  Though nothing at the moment. But getting some supplies tomorrow including a tin. Anyone got a reccomendation for Petersons any most tries since my local stocks that brand the full range.

3 Likes

they also have the ones in the pouches which some of those sound interesting.

1 Like

As for Peterson recommendations Irish Flake is one of the best smokes around, pure baccy bliss. Petersons Perfect Plug (3P) is also great its like a richer fuller version of Uni. Flake but its a plug so you have to cut your own slices.

2 Likes

that’s pretty close to what I was gravitating towards. I like all kinds of pipe tobaccos but flakes are so far my favorite.

1 Like

went and their stock was low. I got Wild Atlantic which I think is awesome. It’s just a straight english but mild, which is awesome because it slowly builds the flavor as you smoke it. It’s super cool smoking like way more then I am used to. Certainly recommend it.

1 Like

10 year old Dunhill EMP in a Zeman Latitude 41 Morning Tide

3 Likes

8 year old Pete Irish Flake in my MacQueen Wizard

2 Likes

Peterson Old Dublin in an “Old Friend”

3 Likes

Davidoff medallion flakes in my meer churchwarden. I think that pipe tobacco doesn’t get the love it really deserves.

2 Likes

Tried Old Dublin in a careys pipe and a cob too…definately performs best in the Old Friend. It would be wrong to say the pipe performed the tobacco best, cause some of these pipes just got their own personality and style, ya know?

2 Likes

peterson nutty cut in yet another carey pipe…this tobacco was ok in a cob…at least the first bowl. Now, 3 bowls later; I find it sickly sweet. it may be ok occasionally; but 2 bowls of this in one day is more than I can take. What crappin nut is this sweet anyway?!? It reminds me of some yucky nutty spread I had on a toast when I was a kid…absolutely horrible unless you have a sweet tooth…i cant understand how no one complains about the stench of this tobacco, yet hold their breath when I smoke old dublin.