OT: The Snuffhouse Pet Section

Hey, everyone! Here is a light-hearted thread for us to discuss our household companions. I own a ferret named Nyles. Yeah, I know, its an unusual pet to have, but Im always fascinated by this type of critter. He is a fun-loving fuzzball, usually, plays and hangs out in his comfortable ferret nation cage, munch on cooked eggs and meat (thats his staple diet), and even cuddles with my wife during Netflix hours (a furry rivalry, I see). I hope to own more than one someday, but for now, its just Nyles and me for more fun-filled years. How about you guys? What four (or many) legged creatures do you own?

Currently I’ve got 39 muscovy ducks, 27 chickens, 3 goats, 2 barn cats and one English staffordshire terrier. Farm life! Gotta love it. IMG_20180325_142108_881

8 Likes

I have a cockatiel (Earlsy), a yellow kakariki (Goldie), a chinese goldthread turtle (Michelangelo), a red albino cornsnake (Mr. Slithers) and a brazilian blonde tarantula (Arachna).

3 Likes

I love tarantulas! I had a Gooty Saphire, Mexican Redknee, and an Orange Baboon. I had to give them to my brother for awhile since I moved but once I move again I’m going to take them with me. My brother has a Green Bottle Blue and 2 others in not sure what kind. I’m going to get a Goliath Bird Eater one day too. I love Ferrets, I got to talk my wife into letting us get one but she thinks they stink. My sister owns a bunch of ducks, chickens, and turkeys they really cool.

2 Likes

I own (or rather am ruled by) a short-haired, red dachshund. He’s either an oversized miniature or the runt of the litter. I’m a dog person (and probably share many traits with them…) but am completely enthralled by the dachshund breed. Any other SH doxie owners?

2 Likes

@Stoke_About_Toque you have to read the book Jam by Yahtzee Croshaw before getting a Goliath Bird Eater :smiley: We have a dog and two little hoomans for pets

1 Like

Oh, forgot my ball python. Because well, they are like pet rocks.

1 Like

@Stoke_About_Toque I always wanted a Green Bottle Blue they are the most beautiful tarantula but I could never find one around here but I want a Pink Salmon Birdeater next and now thanks to new stupid bylaws if I want anything other than a Chilean Rose Hair I have to go to out of town. When I was a kid I had a Guatemala Red Rump and later had a Kilimanjaro Baboon and she was one vicious bitch, when I had to clean her terrarium as soon as the tongs touched her cave she repeatedly attacked the tongs so hard you could hear her fangs smacking the tongs and see drops of vemon dripping down it. Old World tarantulas dont have urticating hairs they just attack repeatedly.

1 Like

just a very eccentric cat. I know you might say cats are eccentric. Yeah he’s still an eccentric cat. First off he’s easy to read as his face is hyper emotive. He believes his tail should be wrapped around my head on a regular basis. He’s a great conversationalist too. I could go on but I will end with Aegean cats are a real trip (hands they  have hands not paws.)

2 Likes

My cocker spaniel / King Charles cavalier mix, Sherlock, is my icon pic. I have a dog walking business in the Miami Beach area. I also do a bit of home boarding so there’s always a group of dogs staying at my place!

A4DA222E07AC_1531438352360

4 Likes

the cat looks like he’s thinking I dig you but we gotta do something about your friends.

1 Like

Lol… I forgot the cat photo bombed that picture! He wants to start meowing that he’s hungry but he’s contemplating getting everyone all riled up… 

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/Md2mw16

https://imgur.com/jdIhSy0

Rabbit and the girlfriends pup

1 Like

Sorry photo didn’t upload!