Titanium Snuff Vial

Well Fellas,

I may have figured out why there were 3 availible and aren’t anymore now, I checked my amazon account and realized I did in fact buy all 3 of them.  Oh well!  Once I get these in I’ll do a mini review and maybe post better pics of them. 

@mr.snuff I’ll surely let you know what they are like.  I hope they are up to my expectations.

@Vito445 It looks to me that it’s a type of tap deal, I hope so, I tried a bullet and I hate it.

Shawn

Better pictures would be great. The current pics do not do the product any favors.

Titanium bullets are now in stock. Actually they are not bullets they are more like titanium vials/bottles with a screw top.

See here

@mr.snuff funny you posted this today! I actually recieved mine in the mail (finally!) would you perfer I do a review on here on on your site?  I’m very happy with them so far.  Already filled one up and been using it since the mail got here.

DoctorTattoo, What would you say the diameter of the spout on the titanium vial was?
It looks some what small
Do you think a coarse grind like Gawith’s Black rappee would pour from it?

@tboyer The spout is almost exactly 3/16th of an inch (5mm) I’ve had decent luck with some of the coarser snuffs. Not that one in particular though.  Biggest issue with this is it tends to get packed in the bottom from carrying it around. Nothing a few taps on the table won’t cure though.

Shawn

Doctor Tattoo, since you’re at an advantage and have seen these vials, I have two questions on the titanium vials Dave has for sale:

1.  You say it has a spout of a fifth on an inch, which is plenty big for pouring.  Do you have to load the snuff in from this hole, or does it open from the bottom too?

2.  Would this vial hold an entire ten gram tin of, say, Toque snuff?

BTW, I’ve never had anything quite like this, but I do have a knife with a titanium shell I’ve carried in my pockets for years.  The shell looks like new.  So, the concept is great.

@ Mr. Snuff, I love your site and you are doing a great service for the snuffing community BUT I wish the pictures of the items were bigger or able to click on to enlarge them, some items like the snuff boxes are so small you can’t even see what your buying.

@snuffsniffer: don’t worry. This much requested feature is incorporated into the new mistersnuff.com.

@Dunneyveg

1. The bottom does come off. Load it from there

2. It will not hold 10 grams. 2 grams…maybe 3. My scale is broken. So that’s a guess. It will not hold enough to last a day for me.

@snuffsniffer: don’t worry. This much requested feature is incorporated into the new mistersnuff.com.

Looking good :slight_smile:

Titanium snuff vials are back: here

As a proud new owner of the Titanium Secouette, I could not resist measuring: The item holds exactly 4.5 ml of whatever. This is the equivalent of about .15 oz or a Teaspoon. The thing feels like something out of Star Trek, a friend of mine - member of an anti-terror unit - advised me not to try and take it on an aeroplane. I would risk calling up a scorpion-team including decontamination units … regards Ludwig-1954

@Dunneyveg

1. The bottom does come off. Load it from there

2. It will not hold 10 grams. 2 grams…maybe 3. My scale is broken. So that’s a guess. It will not hold enough to last a day for me.

They are on the small side, but because I carry more than one type of snuff it’s not a big issue. Still it would be nice to have one that’s larger.

Nice, at least with the bottom that comes off it would be easier to fill than a snuff bottle

Good evening, friends I was wondering, whether and when the titanium snuff vials will be available again at mrsnuff. best regards Patrick B. Ludwig

Which reminds me: I would greatly appreciate a snuff vial made of tantalum. Perhaps Mrsnuff could persuade rococo to produce one? I realise, that it would be really expensive but … for something like this, I still have some spare … regards Patrick B. Ludwig

Old thread, but I just bought one of these titanium snuff vials off eBay. $29.00 with free US shipping. It was the last one the seller had. It appears these were a very limited production. I will report back after it arrives.

@tinhuey I have two of the stainless steel. same size and shape. the price for the titanium was 50-60 dollars when they first came out. They are heavy , the hole is a bit small but works fine for dry snuff .

The Toque snuff bottle/flask I use more often. It is on my keychain and you can fit a snuff spoon in it! Also is less expensive and holds about 8-10 grams. no corners to trap snuff although I never empty mine just refill when it gets low. with Almond toast.  https://www.toquesnuff.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=plain\_snuffbottle 

The titanium vial was $30 on eBay w/free shipping, US seller. Thanks for the info on the Toque flasks. I will definitely throw one on the next Toque order.