What was your first snuff?

poeschl gletscher prise
i was 11 years old and and smoking cigs like every bad kid in the 90s :smiley:
somebody got one out and i tried to find it pleasant then got one for myself but forgot about it in a drawer after a few bumps

the gletscher prise now only tastes feintly like the old one (for me at least) 
subjective the tabacco aroma was a lot more dominant and it was less sweet in character and i dont remember the menthol as strong

Desperately trying to quit cigarettes  4 months ago I ground up some America Spirit RYO tobacco and started snuffing that. 

It was rough and not powdered enough but that was my intro to the wacky world of snuff.

First experience with nicotine was making tea of Rustica in college for the nose, part of a spiritual thing at the time. Gave that up after a year. Some of the green bundles had flowers. Had the crazy thought of grinding and sniffing (first time ever insufflating)… can’t believe how long ago that was, I can picture the scene perfectly. I was very interested in south American indigenous history at the time. I had no clue nasal tobacco (which I had long since forgotten about) existed outside library books on the Amazon until relatively recently. Now I’m weenning myself off ecigs to snuff after 8 years of vape

2 Likes

No clue what it was it was definitely menthol 8-10 years ago

J and H Wilsons Top Mill No 1, in the late 1960s.

1 Like

I bought Silver Dollar Raspberry and a tin of McChrystal’s Original and Genuine at the same time as my first snuffs.

1 Like

Poschl Red Bull. And yesterday was the first snuff EVER. I am hooked.

4 Likes

@Feernot I started this hobby probably less than 45 days ago and already have tried that many snuffs :slight_smile: HANG ON TIGHT it’s an awesome ride!

1 Like

@ar47 anything you found in 45 days I should know about FIRST?!

1 Like

McChrystals O&G still a firm favourite

2 Likes

I think mine was WoS Best SP. No wonder I fell in love with the stuff.

2 Likes

Ozona English type, then Ozona President and the Poschl GletscherPrise All bought in several tobacconists.
Then I ordered SWS Mull of oa and Lundy Foot and wow ! :slight_smile: The first time is like walking in a field of tobacco feeling the sun on your skin especially when you stopped smoking before :wink: Very pleasant experience.

1 Like

@Snufferdemedicis how’s the Mull of Oa and Lundy Foot? Been curious to try both of them. I really like SWS snuff, so I’m sure they won’t dissapoint. I really love Field of Junipers, I can live off that snuff.

Mull of oa is coarse grind with a scent of islay whysky like Laphroag very nice and relaxing.
Lundy foot is the opposite, a scent of tobacco and very light scent of vanilla or something nice very dry and energizing, stronger than Field of Junipers.
The most relaxing snuff I tested is SWS Latakia Blend very strong wildfire scent but if you suffer from insomnia it does the thing.

2 Likes

Ok so it was about 27 years back when I was doing group study at a buddy’s house. His dad was an ardent snuff user. He used to leave half-empty containers of umbrella brand snuff around the house. We used to study as hard as we could and the snuff helped me stay awake and fresh throughout! It was mighty stimulating. I was lucky to have the dark umbrella variety, it’s mellow, mid ground and mild, so easy to take. This later led me to the finer Madras type snuffs like the TAS.

8 Likes

Hedges L260 when i accidently got into a tub my Grandad had left lying around, had it on my eyes, hair and everywhere and still haunts me to this day :))

6 Likes

Forgot to mention I was about five years old at the time!

6 Likes

gallahers wit and wisdom early 1980s

2 Likes

Poschl GletscherPrise was my first snuff, love that stuff.

1 Like

Sam Gawith Cola.

2 Likes