What was your first snuff?

Good old American sweet scotch “Peach” back in the mid 80’s.

2 Likes

Ozona Cherry

Ozona President

Ozona english type

My very first was Peach Sweet Snuff, a finely ground toasty sweet American snuff (with not a hint of peach) that I found at a grocery store in Chapel Hill, NC. I made my first online order quickly thereafter–Ozona President, Packard’s Club, and Wilson’s Tom Buck, if memory serves. That was approximately 12 years ago and that’s when I caught the bug. I especially enjoyed the Packard’s Club, but it seems to have gone out of production. Funny enough, just two days ago I was back home in NC looking through some of my old things and I found that container of President snuff. Suffice to say that it had lost all of its flavor.

2 Likes

silver dollar blueberry or apricot i cant remember which i tried first…

My first was Toque Coke. I was really looking forward to trying it first cuz I heard it was suppose to fizz in your nose, that didn’t happen but I enjoyed the scent.

1 Like

My introduction was through Scotches … Dental, Superior, Bruton and Garrett.

1 Like

Unidentified. A pinch, offered to me by a classmate somewhere about 1996. He got a few pinches from another guy who crooked some from his father who had brought a tin back as a souvenir from abroad. I got intrigued and started making my own snuff from cigarettes on the very same day.

poeschl gletscher prise
i was 11 years old and and smoking cigs like every bad kid in the 90s :smiley:
somebody got one out and i tried to find it pleasant then got one for myself but forgot about it in a drawer after a few bumps

the gletscher prise now only tastes feintly like the old one (for me at least) 
subjective the tabacco aroma was a lot more dominant and it was less sweet in character and i dont remember the menthol as strong

Desperately trying to quit cigarettes  4 months ago I ground up some America Spirit RYO tobacco and started snuffing that. 

It was rough and not powdered enough but that was my intro to the wacky world of snuff.

First experience with nicotine was making tea of Rustica in college for the nose, part of a spiritual thing at the time. Gave that up after a year. Some of the green bundles had flowers. Had the crazy thought of grinding and sniffing (first time ever insufflating)… can’t believe how long ago that was, I can picture the scene perfectly. I was very interested in south American indigenous history at the time. I had no clue nasal tobacco (which I had long since forgotten about) existed outside library books on the Amazon until relatively recently. Now I’m weenning myself off ecigs to snuff after 8 years of vape

2 Likes

No clue what it was it was definitely menthol 8-10 years ago

J and H Wilsons Top Mill No 1, in the late 1960s.

1 Like

I bought Silver Dollar Raspberry and a tin of McChrystal’s Original and Genuine at the same time as my first snuffs.

1 Like

Poschl Red Bull. And yesterday was the first snuff EVER. I am hooked.

4 Likes

@Feernot I started this hobby probably less than 45 days ago and already have tried that many snuffs :slight_smile: HANG ON TIGHT it’s an awesome ride!

1 Like

@ar47 anything you found in 45 days I should know about FIRST?!

1 Like

McChrystals O&G still a firm favourite

2 Likes

I think mine was WoS Best SP. No wonder I fell in love with the stuff.

2 Likes