Neffa Bledi

http://www.snuffreviews.com/browse/wilsons\_of\_sharrow/fribourg\_\_treyer Probably should be its own category, but that’s the way they have it set up.

I ve just ordered Neffa bledi from my local tobacco shop in France as it is the only one which he can order without menthol, I can’t see any information about it on the internet, when I look for neffa it redirects me to tobacco from North Africa, but as you say it is from Poschl i guess it is manufactured in Germany.

2 Likes

I ve just got my order ok even with the fuel shortage that is happening right now in France. It is the first non menthol snuff I have. Very thin snuff, I did not know what was a snuff throat hit before this one. The snuff powder is so thin that I felt it going through my nose to the back and to my throat instantly woow  ! I hope it dit not got to my sinuses just have to do it gently and might not be for beginners but the nicotine hit is right there ;-).  I don’t know why but the smell reminds me of Camel. The snuff is very light brown as compared to the other I have. I think this snuff might be what you call “Toast”. If I put it on a spoon, a light trace leaves contrary to the others, it is very very thin. Tobacco 90% Texture agents 10%.

2 Likes

Hi here are the additives :http://www.lne.fr/composition-tabac/extras/bd/detail\_produit.php?id=355 What do you think ?

1 Like

Hi here are the additives :http://www.lne.fr/composition-tabac/extras/bd/detail\_produit.php?id=355 What do you think ?

1 Like

@Snufferdemedicis Ought to be good, lots of tobacco there and - apparently - lots of free (unbound, deprotonated) nicotine for your pleasure. The ingredients are typical of strong nasal snuff.
Is Neffa Bledi still avalaibale in France?

2 Likes

I guess so you can order it from any french tobacco shop that s what i did

2 Likes

At last, at very long last I found a tiny photo of this Neffa Bledi! Kudos to Arno aka Dutch Pipe Smoker.

Poschl Neffa Bledi 8 g

Would love to try it.

2 Likes

Here it is, a tiny photo of Neffa Bledi: https://ibb.co/7ypZ9QQ

2 Likes

Its a shame Poschl (always got to check the name twice before got it right lol) discontinued this snuff. I really got curious what was that in terms of flavour and grind. We should spam some e-mails into the CEO mailbox someday for them to reintroduce! I mean, menthol is good, but this brand must have some serious methol junkies on the board…

2 Likes

@Johano, I think this Neffa Bledi is still “alive”, but it’s sold only in France. I’ll try to procure some, and maybe even some sachets of Tunisian one, Neffa Souffi. Will let you know how it goes.

3 Likes

So, my friends, it’s Poschl, it’s plain and it’s rustica. Stronger and drier (3.8% nicotine, 6% water) than Sifaco’s fresh Neffa Ifrikia (1% nicotine, 16% water). Has a typical smell of yellow rustica, which I find very pleasing - biscuity, honeyish and hayish. I wouldn’t describe it as a nicotine bomb (although a friend who sent me this treat found it stronger than Toque USA W&H) - total amount of alkalis is a mere 5.6%, but I haven’t craved for any other snuff during my first tin, which lasted me four days, and hefty boxcar on a clean palate set my head to a light spinning mode quite a few times, especially taken as a first thing in the morning; for what it’s worth, I didn’t feel the urge to chain pinch it or take several boxcar loads in a row. Burn is pretty mild and throat drip is not harsh, it doesn’t clog up the nose, frontal drip of average intensity. The grind is somewhat uneven, but pretty fine, 90% particles are finer than 150 micron, the coarser 10% pass through 300 micron mesh. In contrary to Neffa Ifrikia, this Neffa Bledi is made from clean tobacco and is virtually sand-free.

According to data publicised on https://www.anses.fr/fr/content/les-produits-du-tabac-et-produits-connexes, it’s alkalized with sodium carbonate 10-hydrate (about 2.84%), calcium hydroxide (about 1.93%) and potassium carbonate (0.85%). So, if you have access to yellow or brown rustica (https://www.leafonly.com/tobacco-leaf/tobacco-leaves/nicotiana-rustica) and have slaked lime, potash and sodium carbonate, you can easily make similar snuff at home, simply mixing finely ground rustica flour with dry alkalis and a splash of water. If you don’t have sodium carbonate 10-hydrate, use 1% regular sodium carbonate anhydrous.

Have a look at this post, if you are interested in the compositions of other neffa-type snuffs: Snuff making 101 - #272 by volunge

3 Likes

It made my nose bleed the first time i took it. I have to try it again was too fine for me at that time too much in the throat how do u take it ?

1 Like

I take it by boxcar, just as anything else I sniff. No problems at my side, but I’m used to the fine grind. I shrink (contract) my nasal pasages while sniffing. Some nasal yoga :wink:

3 Likes

Just a heads-up, if you are in France and can’t find Neffa Bledi at the tobacconists, ask the shopkeeper to order it for you from the distributor. He will get it for you, it’s a common practice there. You would need to buy a box of 10 tins in such case, and waiting can take several days.

@Snufferdemedicis, how fast did you get your Neffa order?

1 Like

Where in the heck can one in the USA get Neffa Bledi? 

Gonna get Neffa Ifrikia next order just couldn’t justify 8g for $8.

Neffa Bledi is placed on the market in just two countries - France and Spain, and is clearly targeted to the minorities of Northern African origin. I guess Poschl either don’t want to be associated with menthol-free and really strong (rustica) snuff (according to their definition of snuff, it has to contain menthol and come in a fancy tapbox) or don’t believe it would sell well-enough in other countries. Or both.

Unfortunately, since the online sale of tobacco is prohibited in said countries, there’s no any other way to procure it than getting involved in some trade with Spanish or French snuff afficionados or going there in person for a “hunt” (snuff tourism). I got an impression that it’s somewhat more ready-available in tobacco stores in France than in Spain, but it’s way cheaper in the latter country (€ 1.60 vs €.3.10 per 8 g box; overall, due to high taxes France is probably the worst place on Earth to buy snuff – 10 g box Gletscherprise goes for €4.80 there). One French buddy of mine from the northwestern part of France can buy it in his local tobacco shop without pre-ordering, another pal from the French Pyrenees has to pre-order it at his tobacconist. Pre-ordering is the way to go in Spain, but waiting can take up to two months there.

So, it would be much easier for you (and faster, cheaper as well) to procure rustica whole leaf from leafonly.com and make your own neffa.

Neffa Ifrikia is quite different. It’s milder and three times lower in nicotine, Not a bad snuff, though definitely not worth $8 per 8 g box. In Germany, Czech Republic and Poland it costs €1.60–€3.

2 Likes

@Abdoulaye, what does “Bledi” mean? “Neffa” stands for snuff, but what about bledi?

1 Like

In Slovenian “Bledi” means “pale”…
Maybe Neffa Bledi means just “pale snuff” due to its colour?
I dont know really I am just guessing

1 Like

@ALLex, a while ago I tried to translate this, I believe, Arabic word using some free online machine translation and transliteration service. I’m not sure if it did a proper job, but the suggested meaning was a land or country, if my memory doesn’t fail. So, a “Country Snuff”, maybe.

Or was it a native landFather-(mother-)land… That would make sense, because this snuff is targeted specifically at the Maghrebi emigrants.

1 Like