Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

What's In Your Nose? #13

Comments

• McChrystals Raspberry 
  • @baconpete summer harvest? That one is ace.
  • Bernard's Aecht b.
  • WoS Ripple
  • WoS Best Dark
  • W. E. Garrett Scotch
  • OSP Shaman's Boon.
  • Wilsons Strawberry

• Old Mill Sarsaparilla ... getting very low now.  :(

• volungevolunge Member
    edited February 2018 PM
    Jaxons Frosted Red.
    Found its scent overly sweet and artificial after the first pinch, now giving it a second chance. By the way, 'Frosted' part could be misleading for some as menthol is almost non-present here.
    Different base than the plain light brown Jaxons SP Premium - darker and finer, less nicotine; makes me wishing Jamie released it unscented.
  • @cobguy OSP Shaman's Boon is similar. Worth getting a few tins.
  • @DrOctagon yeah I got a older version of it when it was just called raspberry, kinda old/dry but still had a good raspberry scent. Got it from a shop here before I knew they renamed them, was pretty bummed but what can yeah do when your order is 32 days and counting. Definitely will get a fresh tin of the summer harvest next time
  • @Bob it's a heavy scent so unless it was open, odds are you retained most of the raspberry goodness. If you liked it, you should try WoS Ripple; it has a different raspberry scent, it's more earthy, but it smells exactly like a raspberry patch if you've ever had the opportunity to smell something like that. Plus it has a small presence of menthol, but it helps to just drive that raspberry scent home.

I've got a Tom Buck/Gold Label mix. About equal parts for both. I get the extra nic from the gold label and twice the bergamot.

• @RS422 ...  thanks!  Hopefully Chris still has some left.  :)

• WoS SP 100
  • Old Mill Equinox 20180223_163125
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • @basement_shaman wait is that how much you're supposed to snort? I think I've been doing this all wrong
  • 100% Toque Rustica
  • Toque

ab1b68c04123ed286cb43ef1a003c5b1_kindlephoto-13930778
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited February 2018 PM
    Bernard's Aecht b.
    @DrOctagon Going bigger is fun, try it.

• WoS SM500

@volunge uhh.. Isn't the whole point to have it up in the front of your nose and not any further? Or it doesn't matter? Because I feel like I've been selling myself short taking small spoonfuls just because I'm trying to get them up to the front of my nose.
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    SG Cob Gold, reminds me a lot of FT Dr JR Justice

• 6P Natural
  • Jaxons Frosted Red.

@DrOctagon Taking snuff in straightforward Icelandic manner could be a good guideline. Believe it or not, some Icelanders simply stick that snuff horn into the nostril, recline their head and just let the goodness fill their noses.
    Grab a case of this for me, if you ever go there!
    Sturdy and airtight reusable container, too.

nftbk
  • SammyD13SammyD13 Unconfirmed
    Rustica. Toasted, fine grind, unadulterated. There's nothing quite like that.
  • 41P WE

@volunge - amazing snuff horn! I am searching for wooden boxes and stuff like these. Brings a good new perspective to snuff-taking to a serial pincher like myself. 

@DrOctagon - Despite only pinching (and sometimes using the boxcar), the snuff always reaches far behind for me (any coarseness) and then with a heavy back drip. So, I dont think I adhere to (or can adhere to) the 'front of the nose' only.
    Experts - is that a problem. I do have a lot of backdrip with all snuffs. 
  • HitsuzenHitsuzen Administrator, Moderator
    Bernard's Jubilaums
  • HitsuzenHitsuzen Administrator, Moderator
    McChrystals Vintage Velvet (Violet)
  • Taxi red
  • Just filled up my pewter desktop snuffbox with a little impromptu blend. 80% Thors Hammer, 10% F&T Macouba, and 10% WoS Wallflower.

Very nice indeed!