Toque Ambrosia

Hi all

This looks really interesting. Considering adding some to my next order. Thoughts on this product?

Coarse, moist, dark. Flavors of chocolate, vanilla, bubble gum, wet cardboard. Phenomenal. Absolutely add it to your next order.

2 Likes

@psicko gave me a healthy portion of this and I really enjoy it … sweet but not over the top.  

It’s got a little honey, liquor and floral aspect which fade to a nice chocolate / tobacco scent.

3 Likes

Love it. One of my every day snuffs.

1 Like

@Konrad_von_Marburg, I have a good number of tins of Toque Ambrosia and love the stuff.

I have long been a fan of Spanish Gem and I honestly cannot decide whether I like that or Ambrosia the best.

They are both excellent snuffs with plenty of flavor and nuance, and a good nic hit as well.

FWIW

2 Likes

Just found out about this at the last minute before I finally placed my order after many consecutive nights of obsessing and procrastinating.  I tried snuffing briefly five years ago and am stoked to discover what this line has to offer!  I’ll be watching the post box with wide nostrils!

3 Likes

Order’s arrived.  Heartily second @fredh on this.  Spanish Gem and Ambrosia are penomenal snuffs neither of which I’d wish to be without.  For me the Gem is much more elusive to pin down

4 Likes

I do not know if I like Spanish Gem or Ambrosia better, I definitely like the grind of Ambrosia and the way the scent plays with the base.

4 Likes

I have both and I have to go with the ambrosia, the Spanish gem is too fine for me. Then again maybe none of my snuffs have any moisture anymore

3 Likes

@Tobaccoman you are probably right about the moisture :smiley: funny thing is, I found that the lost tin of Ambrosia I found was easier to take than fresh with just the mineral oil for moisture. Same with Toque USA Citrus. Spanish Gem and the rest of the non-USA Toques aren’t oiled so they do get very dry if you aren’t taking care of them (I keep the tins in Tupperware) but can easily be indirectly rehydrated overnight.

1 Like

@ar47 some of them I actually don’t mind dry. Peach raspberry and ambrosia are those. They are takable dry. But the others are so fine I should try a rehydrate and that’s most likely the issue. I want to try with either original or quit. Just the Ole paper towel in a Tupperware trick?

1 Like

@ar47 got the original toque in a tupper with the wet paper towel. Let’s see if I am able to take this later.

2 Likes

Ambrosia for me every time. Gem is a great snuff but ambrosia is probably my all time favourite. It changes sometimes due to the novelty of new flavours etc but it is my desert island snuff.

Update, this stuff makes my nose run like a faucet. The scent and grind are on point though. Spanish Gem doesn

1 Like

@Tobaccoman how did it work out? If paper towel isn’t enough you can always use Perlite but it can easily become overkill

1 Like

@ar47 eh I did it and tried it, it just puffed down the Ole gullet again, and I haven’t touched it since. I might grease this one up

1 Like

@ar47 I think it might just be the grind and the flavour, just untakable for me, I even added some parafin oil

1 Like