What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

CH in my Marvic Author, G’Day

2 Likes

@TigerJackshere - what kind of wood is that author pipe? I can tell it’s not briar. Is it pear or some other hardwood?

2 Likes

@cpmcdill   The wood is from a Plum Burl knot from a tree in my yard, for some reason the tree had a huge burl knot growth on it so when the tree got sick I cut it and saved the burl knot & sent it to Gary & had him make this Author for me from it.  Here is a picture of the burl knot the pipe was made from. G’Day

1 Like

@TigerJackshere - wow, that’s cool. Did the burl wood need to be kiln-dried or anything?

1 Like

@cpmcdill    I dried it in my shop naturally for about 3 years before sending it to Gary, G’Day

2 Likes

GLP Cumberland in a Brigham’s Heritage volcano 

1 Like

Looking through this thread almost makes me want to break out my favorite bowls and I still have a great house mix in storage. Enjoy All, I can imagine them from here

1 Like

Orlik DSK  in a Pete XL23

2 Likes

Ennerdale in a Millville

4 Likes

GLP Haddo’s Delight in a Tinsky

2 Likes

Hyde Park in a Brighams Voyageur bent billiard

3 Likes

Condor RR in a basket pipe

3 Likes

20171106_172455

3 Likes

CH in a CB Rhodesian, G’Day

3 Likes

Haddo’s Delight in a Peterson 999

3 Likes

@crullers Peterson 999 is my all time favorite shape. I am smoking one now with Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake. 

Have some GH Ennerdale on the drying tray. and that will not see the inside of my Peterson’s ; probable use a clay . 
20170322_152851 (1)

5 Likes

Bayou Morning in a Peterson 120.

@basement_shaman Nice collection! I only have one so far. It’s a rusticated Dracula like the one in your pic center-left. It’s a great smoker and I wouldn’t hesitate getting another 999 once I decide to buy more pipes.

2 Likes

PS LBEF from 2012 . better now. but it almost all gone. Should had got the 5 lb bag. ~X(

2 Likes

@crullers 80s is a bit smaller bowl in the bull dog shape. I also like the B5 and the B10. Most of my collection are petersons . have some meers ,clays and cobs I throw into rotation. My problem is over. But I still like looking. hadn’t got a new pipe in such a long time. I don’t need any . Pipe acquisition disorder gets a reprieve and not by choice. Still a tough erge but with no income ,the reality sets in.   

3 Likes

GH Best Brown #2 in a Hardcastle bulldog

2 Likes