What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

CH in a Dr. Grabow Emperor #83 Rhodesian, G’Day

2 Likes

GH Kendal KY.

3 Likes

D&R Picayune in a Grabow pot.

The Picayune has been cellaring a long time. This particular jar just got sort of buried on a shelf and forgotten, so it had not been opened for a couple years or more. Upon opening it, the jar note was exquisite. Somehow the tobaccos had married their character into something that smelled halfway between a chocolate brownie and a Fig Newton (though it is apparently uncased and untopped). Sweet and cookie-like. When I got it new it was rather coarse, bold, and grassy, coming across like a fresh oriental blend with some perique in it. Time has smoothed it out, and the experience of smoking it is just as smooth. Odd how nobody ever recommends cellaring Picayune, because this was a big surprise.

3 Likes

Prince Albert in a Tinsky

1 Like

20170905_075527

4 Likes

G&H Dark Plug in a Clay

3 Likes

@J_S contact your tobacco dealer and ask them to put a bag aside for you; And when it comes in and to notify you!  It’s how I got mine. It smells amazing but taste does not translate. Your not missing the holy grail of tobacco. You have better luck with a B&M for service. It may cost a bit more. Good luck!

I am still on my search for Esoterica Peacehaven 

1 Like

Dunhill Light Flake in an Eltang Cutty.

1 Like

ESCUDO

4 Likes

Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture in a Pete XL23

2 Likes

Sam Gawith’s Full Virginia Flake in a Dawn Mist Clay

3 Likes

First try of GH Dark Plug for the ride into work this morning. That’s one stout smoke!  =P~

3 Likes

Five Brothers in a MM General Cob

3 Likes

@perique   +1 on 5 Brothers , one of my very favorite tobaccos, going to have to place another order as I am out at the moment.

Peruvian Rustica in a Grabow Starfire # 81 Author, G’Day

2 Likes

McC Christmas Cheer 2012 in a Pete green spigot XL90

2 Likes

Five Brothers in a MM General Cob

3 Likes

IMP

5 Likes

Peterson Irish Whiskey

2 Likes

Orlik Golden Sliced in a Pete XL23

3 Likes