6 Photo Cheeta

@newbiesnuffer

I think you’d have to try extremely hard to get any snuff into your lungs at all.

@Oregon - I sincerely hope so. I do have a small pinch and do not have any coughing or sneezing. Is that proof enough that none is getting in my lungs? Because I love the Cheeta, and may love other fine dry variety - and don’t want to stop it due to this being a fear. I am such a nicotine fiend!

1 Like

@noobiesnuffer I think you cough because the snuff is hitting your throat mate. Snuff likes to stick to stuff… it would take a real effort to get that snuff all the way into your lungs without sticking inside of your nose, throat, etc. Maybe if you are pretending to be scarface with the stuff and diving face first into some ultra fine snuff. :wink:

Dholakia White, Cheeta, White Elephant, and some Scotches still make me cough from time to time. I wouldn’t worry at all about it brother. If it really bothers/worries you, try to pinch towards the front of your nose to reduce how much ends up hitting your throat.

I’ve been snuffing about 5 years now, and do it from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. I just did 5+ hours of snowshoeing today with my Search and Rescue group. I have no effect on my cardio whatsoever. Even vaping effected my cardio, I’ve never had a single issue with years of daily snuff use.

2 Likes

@newbiesnuffer I do not inhale when I squeeze the container, I guess its kind of like the straw method without the straw. It always hits the perfect place, I keep a small gap between the hole and my nose to prevent me from pumping it into my nose. I find when I take Cheeta by pinching (I take big pinches) it takes me up to a couple of minutes to take the pinch, the squeeze method I can do in a few seconds without concentrating too much. As for the snuff hitting my lungs that would be quite hard, there’s a fair way the snuff would have to travel from your nose to your lungs

@Oregon @Aamon - Thanks for the pearls of wisdom bros. Guess I’ll just leave this fear behind and enjoy this beast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just got some Cheeta and haven’t figured out how take any appreciable amount yet. I always choke and blast it back. I imagine I look like one of those cinnamon challenge idiots. When I use the method where you get some on your thumb, seal it against your nostril, and pull through the other nostril, either nothing goes in or I still choke. The smell also has some unidentifiable and unpleasant weirdness to it. I’ll probably just use this to fortify lower nicotine snuffs.

@ArgentOrangeOK - Indian whites are a breeze if you just evenly coat your finger with the snuff and learn to sniff gently - not too much, not too little - by the method you described above, which is known as plugging. You’ll get it in time, but you just need to keep going unless you’re killing yourself. And yes, small bumps, please. You can always repeat with several other small pinches. Having said that, the seniors in the forum advocate whites not as an all day everyday snuff if you want to keep decent nicotine tolerance levels. Try some of the other snuffs and mix your day with the whites 3-4 times in a day. Experiment is key. 

Enjoy! Let us know. 

Edit: Grammatical error corrected.

2 Likes

to my nose, cheetah is the stronger of the indian whites and easiest to snuff. i think DW is the hardest to snuff and WE is in the middle. has anyone mentioned willie pete? its a great indian white more similar to DW than the others. its extremely fine in grind 

2 Likes

Since the 6 Photo website says that in India they use it for the cleaning of teeth aka in the mouth… anybody ever did that ?

I’d hazard a guess that millions of Indians have done it. :slight_smile: But seriously, I’ve never tried it, but there are a lot of Indian snuff that are produced in toothpaste form. I’f you’d like to try one of those, check out the snuff products at http://hookah1.com/HOOOKAH2/index.php?route=common/home. I’ve used them in the past. They are quite dependable.

I saw different very interesting items at hookah1.com but didnt order their yet since i am in Germany.
There is a good chance that customs will have a look. I would love to order the Swastika Snuff but the
package alone would give me some serious headache over here. Maybe i will give it a try in the new
year. It would be interesting for the snuff alone but i also would like to get some of this indian chew they
sell.

I find with this snuff the best way for me to take it is to just stuff it into my nostril. Which is pretty easy to do. If you take a pinch and remove your fingers from each other the white snuff will stick in a pile on your finger if you just put the pile in the nose and barely wiggle it back and forth the snuff will stick in the nose. Or you can use the back of your nail to scope a pile up and then place it in the nose. After wards pinch the nostril and it’s all good. Ironically this is the same way I take greased snuffs too.

Well i snuff Cheeta for quite some time now (guess 2-3 years) but never used it like the indians do hence i was interested if someone else did this. I am not sure, they put it in the mouth and let it dissolve or put in on a toothbrsuh or on a finger ?? Thats what i meant.

@Prismaster I am fairly sure that they put it on their finger and then “brush” their teeth with the finger.

I think they put in on a toothbrush or finger and kind of brush their teeth with it (its used as a dentifrice) but I have never done it.  

I think they do both that and use it orally like an American scotch

1 Like

The snuff use in India has evolved predominantly into  dentifrice , though it is used nasally as well .

Generally speaking and out of my own experience unflavoured oily snuffs are best suited for use as a dentifrice.

Gul is another branch of tobacco snuff which is used solely  as a dentifrice.

Gul is a big selling item in central India 

2 Likes

@sixphoto Do people in India use snuffs like Anarkali, Kailash, Super Kailash, and Special as a dentifrice?

1 Like

Yes even mentholated and flavoured snuffs are used as  dentifrice big time.

2 Likes

@6photo Does that influence your design of snuffs? I imagine that nasal use and dentifrice use are each best served by different clusters of properties. For example, was Kailash designed for nasal use or for use as a dentifrice? And in designing new snuffs, do you prioritize one type of use over the other, or do you aim to find a balance?

1 Like