Your top five ESSENTIAL snuffs...

If I had to pick only five from 90+ varieties I have tried until now I would probably want 5 different types:
 - SG Black Rappee
 - F&T HDT
 - JH Wilson SP No.1
 - SWS Mull of Oa
 - 6P Kailash

2 Likes

After learning that the Gawiths have changed their production, and now just scent flour they buy from elsewhere, I’m going to scratch them from my list for now. They’ll need to re-earn a spot in my top five, as they are now effectively new products as yet unsampled by me. So, a redrafted list … 1) Toque Berwick Brown 2) WoS Best Dark 3) F&T Princes 4) McChrystals Sicillian Burst (formally Mild Lemon) 5) Aw crap, now I’m struggling … Candidates for the last slot include any WoS SP, Grand Cairo, & Rows, F&T Santa Domingo, Old Paris, & JR Justice, Toque Toffee, Spanish Gem, Pomegranate and Blueberry, Dr Rumneys Brown … :-t I give up :-S

2 Likes

After 5-6 years of snuffing my list is 1. 6P Kailash 2. 6P Kailash 3. 6P Kailash 4. 6P Anarkali 5. F&T HDT I tried a lot of other snuffs, but nowadays I take only these three.

2 Likes

SWS St James Parish blend F&T Bordeaux GH Kendal Brown SWS Lundy foot F&T HDT I like many others but I always return to these

2 Likes
  1. Anything rose. 2. unscented 3. any lightly mentholated toast sparrow cool for example. 4 anything jasmine 5 anything sandalwood. Mainly because I like all these scents and these are the ones that agree with my nose the best and seem to hold up to repeat all day snuffing the best. As far as brand goes being able to purchase in bulk means more then individual brand. Bulk is just better as bulk holds up better so you continue to have fresh snuff and I swear something happens when large amounts of snuff are stored together that makes the tobacco and added scents marry in a more complex manner.
2 Likes

I’m expanding my list to 6. #6 would be 6 Photo Anarkali. Wow! Just beautiful.

1 Like

@bob im with you on anything rose. i like any snuff with rose in the mix

sp extra

F&T: seville

F&T: macuba 

O&G

rooster

i must add 2 more, cheeta and rustica. i need strong snuffs for mornings and after meals and such

5 Likes

Fairly new to snuffing but can name three that I have made repeat purchases of: Toque Lime Toast and Toque USA Whiskey and Honey and Sir Walter Scott’s Creme di Figue number 1. They will always be on hand I think.

1 Like

Toque Spanish Gem Toque SP Extra Ozona President (yes I love it) Poschl D Doppelaroma Honey Bee because I mix it with all kinds of things

2 Likes

My five after 2 years serious snuffing are

1] Toque Natural Toast/ F&T French Carotte  8 to 1 ratio…i keep going thru this like crazy

2] Toque USA Whiskey & honey

3] Dr. Rumneys [usa version?]/Hedges/Wilsons 99

4} Toque natural toast all by itself…tied w/FT/HDT

5] Toque USA peach

6} WoS ani-euc

…ops that was six. and i have not yet tried any snuffs from India, a big gap still to fill…

7] toque rose

3 Likes

Two more to add: Sam Gawith Berwick Brown and SWS St James’ Parish: latter has the smell of high wnd cigarettes and oh so much nicotine!

Changes from week to week and in no particular order: Toque USA Whiskey and Honey F and T Santo Domingo Bernard Brasil Fresco Snuffstore Cafe Noire Rosinski Ochsenkopf

3 Likes

I agree @SammyD13 that for me, making this list is a futile effort that changes far too often for me But my wife is pretty stable with her tastes. Here’s what I say would be hers: Poschl Radford Poschl Gawith Apricot (Original) McChrystals Highland Ice Wilson’s of Sharrow (S.M. 500 or Bee M) Silver Dollar (Apricot or Cola) I cheated even with that :smiley:

2 Likes

F&T HDT

Viking Brown

Kendal Brown

F&T Santo Domingo

Taxi Red

This list has been pretty stable for a while, except the KB which I just got. It quickly found a spot on this list and I might even like it better than VB.

1 Like

McC O&G (this popped my snuff cherry) Dholakia Taj Dholakia Taj Dholakia Taj Dholakia Taj Are you sensing a pattern here?

1 Like

On their own: Lime Toast SP Extra WoS Irish High Toast 22 Spanish Gem WoS Tom Buck Cocktails: -Begum green and toque camphor & clove 5:2 -My snuffbox snuff: heap of Viking blonde with mini heaps of 6p chocolicious, coffee kick, and cheeta -viking blonde and 6P Motia -Toque st Clements, toque vanilla, 6p chocolicious 1:1:1 -SP Extra and 6P coffee kick 1:1

2 Likes

Unquestionably and in no particular order:

ATVR Neftobak, 6 Photo MG Madras, 6 Photo Begum Green.

Not so sure about the rest, though. Call me a shuffler, but I reserve last positions for constant rotation of other numerous favourites of mine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

WOS irish toast 22, lime toast, Ani and euc, white elephant, Spanish gem

In no order–

Gold Label

McChrystals O&G (any comparable menthol with plenty of camphor would work here)

High Dry Toast

Kendal Brown Original

Wilsons Rose

I’d be content with that spread and not feel deprived.

2 Likes
  1. Toque quit

2. Irish D

3. Navy Plain

4. Irish no 22

5. Toque Peanut butter

2 Likes