What would you consider to be a big pinch?

@50ft_trad , I also don’t find pinching wasteful, but it always goes down my throat. It depends on the snuff for me. Some I prefer a spoon, like the OSP snuffs. But some I prefer a pinch, it leaves a bit more residue  on the lower part of my nostrils and on my mustache, so I get the smell a bit longer.

Also there is something, dignified about taking a pinch vs other methods.  

@yisraeldov That’s interesting, with the throat hit. I suffer greatly with that when using finer snuffs, irrespective of technique. It’s just the shape of my nostrils. I have to save the finer snuffs such as Dr Rumneys Brown, and even many SPs, until I’m suffering congestion or my nose is full of other snuff to aid filtration. It does mean there a lot of snuffs that I can’t partake in, but there’s still enough diversity for me to enjoy a wide range of snuffs.

@50ft_trader. I have a similar issue, but I think it is because of the dry weather here. My nose is mostly dry so snuff just doesn’t stick unless it has some moisture of its own. What helps is to first take a snuff that has some front drip, then I can take the dryer snuffs. 

Now that it is starting to get humid , I have less of a problem.

1 Like

@basement_shamen a big pinch is the picture you put on what s in your nose section (sparrow cool).how long does it last before you take another one, half a day ? Lol finally maybe i always tooked very small pinch without kowing it ! Thanks for the picture please post more it gives us an idea of what can be done :slight_smile:

@Snufferdemedicis A quarter for reference , 41P W.E. As often as I wish. There is no “Right amount” use what you are comfortable with. You have to realize I started with Levi Garrett Rappee in 1971. That snuff was and is brutal if you can find it. I don’t set that standards this is a normal amount for me. I think I will have some more.  20170501_182332

1 Like

What is big for one may not be that big for others. I have large hands and a pinch would be as much as one side of my nose could take but I also have large finger prints and the snuff sticks in there and will not just come out I would be wasting a lot of snuff taking pinches. I like to take mine off of the smooth side of the flat screwdriver of my Swiss army knife. I take two pea sized doses on each side and find that works great for me and I don’t loose anything. It also avoids contamination from my hands and since I always carry it I never had to worry about it.

1 Like

@basement_shaman, that looks about right 8-}

1 Like

I have some Levi Garrett Rappee from the early seventies. Even though it’s as old as I am, it is still potent tobacco. Good burn and nicotine effect for sure

2 Likes

What would you consider to be a big pinch?

_ It’s obvious.  _

_ The forefinger and thumb of  The Jolly Green Giant. _
#:-S

2 Likes

Intrigued by the comments around Box Cars and all that, I had a good look in to it.  I have to say, today I have only been using that method instead of my usual “back of hand” method.  

WOW - it is no exaggeration to say that this has revolutionised my snuffing.

1 Like

I consider a big pinch to be smaller than a boxcar.

1 Like

Still think… when you’re out of snuff your in a really big pinch…

2 Likes

When you have to break it up with a stick before you can flush it.

5 Likes

=)) =))

When your nose caves are clogged   

2 Likes

@n9inchnails I wasn’t going to go there. But thought about it  :))

@Snufferdemedicis 3.6 meters of redbull. As if it was all in one sitting is up to scrutiny
https://youtu.be/7Z-hnBj7d1c

3 Likes

Earlier talk of using the boxcar method reminded me of an American Country singer called Boxcar Willie.

For years I didn’t know he was a singer.

I used to think Boxcar Willie was a venereal disease,  picked up by sleeping around on trains.

5 Likes

^^^^ ahahahahahahaha  =))

1 Like

Or when you Boxcar snuff with an appendage other than your thumb…?

2 Likes