Cost of American snuffs?

With all due respect to those at MrSnuff and associated stores, they do tend to be considerably more expensive, compared to what we can usually pay for snuff over here from other UK vendors. However, if you think of them not being a “store” but a facilitator, getting hard to obtain snuffs shipped to wherever they need delivering in the world (be it UK snuffs to US, or vice versa, or any other snuff to anywhere else) it takes on a different light. They are a lifeline for snuff users globally, and are not necessarily trying to be the most competitive for those of us who have other supply options. Their business is not selling cheap snuff, but getting snuff to wherever it’s needed and wouldn’t otherwise be available. So long as you think of them as charging a premium for their dedicated supply service to snuffers globally, rather than just being an expensive shop, it makes a lot more sense.

4 Likes

i came across a store near me in arizona that was selling garrett scotches for less than 5 dollars but i think ive paid up to 8 dollars before. i still think its a fair mark up to pay because i have only seen american scotches a few times out in the wild. 

http://www.smokes-spirits.com/Productdetails.aspx/Tobacco/Dry+Snuff/HONEY+BEE+Sweet+Dry+Snuff+12ct/opt/product/13943/store/16/category/374/campaign/6 out of stock now. They have the option to email you when it is back in stock. Inquire if the will ship it to you.
http://www.smokes-spirits.com/StoreDetails.aspx/Tobacco/DrySnuff/opt/store/16/category/374

http://www.lilbrown.com/c-1163-dry-snuff.aspx?pagenum=1 Email info @lilbrown.com

They have some WE Garrett

Since the pact act. stores in the USA can’t ship snuff. These stores are native Indian and are exempt from the pact act.

You may have to buy a large amount for shipping cost to be lower per can. Then you can sell or trade the extra with your UK Snuff fellows.

2 Likes

I hear Sam’s Club might carry Bruton by the case depending on which part of the country you might be in.

arizona has strange import laws. you cant have most tobacco shipped in or to the state, cigars and pipe tobacco get a pass for some reason. i suspect it is to stop people from ordering from reservations where the taxes are much lower. i cannot order from places like lil brown and the northerner. however, if it comes from over seas it passes through federal customs and it doesnt go through arizona state customs. States have to follow federal law when importing from outside the U.S.A. once it passes at the feds its all good. it took a lot of google searches to figure all this out but ive gotten many packages in from mrsnuff and snuscentral without a problem.

Thanks for the replies… I will explore the various links posted, thanks everybody.

@peacock just curious, what store did you find that at, also do they have different kinds? In Flagstaff I can get garret original and sweet for about 5 dollars each.

@Psicko. They have some at the smoke shop in Wickenburg.

@Psicko @RS422 i got them in wickenburg at frontier tobacco. garrett original and sweet. i want to talk to them sometime to see if they can get others but if not, the garrett sweet is my favorite scotch anyhow

That is the place. I am living in Cincinnati now, but will be moving back to Wickenburg in July. Will be there May 20th for grandson’s graduation.

@psicko I went to a cigar bar in my area and they started carrying WOS IHT and Tom buck for me. You might ask around to see if they order from Arango(think that was the supplier).

@peacock @RS422, that’s what I was thinking. I was hoping that peacock found another place closer place. Ron, how have you been? Haven’t seen you on in awhile. Peacock, what part of the valley do you live in? @Llo the one I used to work at carries silver dollar snuff, but they told me they can’t order order others. I’ve peeked into a few others, with same results. There are a lot of cigar stores in Phoenix valley.

Wish I would have been into cigars when I went to school there. Was more into hitting the clubs back then. Went to UTI when it was in the old building there. Lived in Glendale then later off of 7th and Thomas.

i live in surprise Psicko

I should take a picture at my local Bi-Lo just so you could see how much was available just a mile from my house.  I wish I was into the scotches but I’m not.  

it took me almost a year to start liking them. the bridge was starr scotch. from there i was able to start to enjoy them. i snuff scotches everyday now

2 Likes

Here in Florida: American Peach Sweet is 10.59. All Swisher manufactured snuff is between 6.59 and 8.99

Starr scotch was also the bridge to me liking and getting used to taking scotch snuffs. @jbrentoniv, you should take a pic. @peacock, gotcha. I occasionally stay in Glendale near west gate.

@Psicko  check out the new thread titled Scotch Snuff right there on the front page.

All of the W.E. Garrett Scotches are under $6 USD here.