Reduced SG and GH lines

So GH dropped all their florals, which evevn though I didn’t use them often, were very good. I’m fine with SG’s new line up. The only one’s I’ll really miss are No.1 High Mill and CCC. I’ve been missing red crest for an long time now anyway.

1 Like

Yes, I’m probably more upset about the GH reduction than the SG. Ambassador, Mitchells, Wild Mint, Cherry, Western Glory, Sea Breezes, Dry Orange… *sigh*

Where’s that info from? They still have more than that listed on their website.

Ooof , that’s a bit of a shocker to be honest . I was expecting deep cuts but not that deep :( 

Guess that doesn’t look good for the contract brands either :frowning: I did see remodelled graphics for Jaxons briefly on buysnuff…and some of their range has survived the cut .

Viking snuffs still around? They must, being so popular. Hope those survive a while because they are great staple snuffs to stock up on for the end of days.

Whaaaat? GH’s English Rose and Sandalwood are both absolute staples. And I never got to try GH’s Irish D toast. That just can’t be right. Can’t be right…*rocks self*

I realise they haven’t updated their own website yet, but I’m fairly certain this is the situation due to end of line sales and updated stock ranges at Jaxons. I have sent a message to MSS about Viking, and am waiting to hear back.

Might be a good time to grab what MrSnuff has left!

1 Like

Dark days, my friends.  It feels wrong to “like” the post, but I appreciate the consolidated information.

Never got to try Sea Breezes… *sniff

I grabbed a tin of GH Sandalwood with my last MrSnuff order.  There are only two 25g tins left in stock there. There’s still some in stock at SnuffStore too.

1 Like

I grabbed a spare Wild Mint and a spare Western Glory when I ordered some pipe accessories earlier today, but there’s so many of my favourites lost this year, it’s not realistic for me to keep trying to stock up on them all.

Ah crap. This sucks.

This is really sad.  SG Scotch Black (which was recently discontinued) and their Chocolate are both fantastic snuffs.  I’m sure many of their others which are based on their coarse, dark, moist base are great too, and now I’ll never know!

For my part I will continue to order their terrific Kendal Brown, and also look in to Viking (which I read is made by them and is very much a Kendal-style snuff).

To add to my earlier post I’m also going to miss Grousemoore, Lavender Dark and Wild Duck.

4 Likes

Yeah @dwhyte I also ordered a tub of GH sandalwood with my most recent Mr Snuff order–guess I will have to ration it. I’m just shocked. Wasn’t GH’s English Rose what they stock in the U.K. Parliamentary snuffbox?

Well the GH website still lists “Kendal” sandalwood snuff tobacco–you can buy it by the 500g drum!!! Ditto Irish D. No English Rose, though.

English Rose is still showing on page 2 of the site, but they haven’t updated it yet. It took them a while to update it following the merger with Sam Gawith too. As to bulk, it may still be possible. However, the only place I know of to buy bulk is Aireys of Kendal

1 Like

R.I.P Ambassador. you will be missed

1 Like

Yes SandwhichIsles , I also will deeply miss
Grousemoore, and Lavender Dark
Hopefully it was  Kendal Brown Original  that survived 

3 Likes

GH-KB is still listed in 30g. And available. =D>