Oliver Twist Chewing tobacco, experiences and impressions.

Considered ordering some. Little worried about the nic content.

What to want more when you have Oden’s Extreme on the Chessboard

You know, maybe people want “less” then Oden’s Extreme or any of this “extreme” snus thing.

I was considering sometime in the near future trying Oliver Twist Chewing tobacco bits and I was just curious of other Snuffhouse members impressions and experiences with this product. I am mainly curious with how it compares to other forms of oral smokeless tobacco and whether or not it is worth my time and money.

You ever heard of Grimm&Triepel ? It is like OT.

@Prismaster‌ Grimm&Triepel bits is 4cm when OT is 1cm(and maybe little smaller). Alsothe taste of G&T is pure tobacco plus molasses in contrary to OT that are flavour with fruits menthol… If you want to try G&T go for the Hanewacker Nr.5 ,Nice bits…

@Nikolaos I guess you got me wrong, friend. I know all of that. I use both products for quite a while. It was just a hint @peter77 to find out about a close product which could of interest to him. There are not that much “tobacco bits” out there anymore - leave alone somehow “classic” spit-free oral tobaccos with european origin (expect of snus of course).

@Prismaster, my fault :stuck_out_tongue:

@Nikolaos No problem at all. :wink:

@Prismaster I am really thinking that I will have to sample Grimm&Triepel first, prior to trying OT. It is a damn good thing that both are sold on the Mr. Snuff website. OT does seem liking it is going to be pricey for what you get. Either way, I will eventually make my rounds as a tobacco enthusiast and will try both brands. I am a pretty frequent snus user, I doubt either will replace my regular portion. However, it will be fun to try both out. Either way, thank you for your input Prismaster, it is greatly appreciated!

@peter77 you are welcome. i just did mentoin it as a source of information on the matter. i just did check out the rather “new” Grimm & Triepel “Anis” (aniseed) - quite a strong taste on that. tell me how you did like G&T, ok?

@Mario84,

Yeah, I had a period of experimenting with OT as a young teen… I didn’t experience them as expensive, but they weren’t really satisfying. Proper pigtail however, will have you leaned back like a junky on his ultimate fix… Yes @Mario84, I totally agree as I think the Oliwer Twist bits (though tasty) are just like made for children and not for grown up chewers…The Pigtails on the other hand are real stuff with loads of nicotine and you can bite off as big of chunks as you wish and then just chew with immense pleasure and feel the awesome power and superb taste of ‘The Real Thing’. Chew and let the glorious tobaccojuices spread in your mouth and let it drip on your chin and Tobacco Heaven is reached kind of like Nirvana for the Buddhists, he he!! :smiley: They are very cheap at SnuffStore.de, 2,99€/20g and they have a huge variety to choose from too. Gawith Hoggarth Twists, both pigtails and bogeys. But note that the site is down now for maintainance and they are open for business on May 1:st again. My favourites are Black Pigtail, Brown Pigtail, Cinnamon Pigtail and Brandy Pigtail but the others are nice too. I really wish that they were sold at tobacconists here in Sweden… It’s great to grind some really powerful and smokey snuff from dried chunks of Black Pigtail, I highly recommend it! Cheers! Nuuska

I love these little things.Very flavorful and convenient…but quite expensive and hard to find in tobacconists. I’m sketching out some ideas for making them from scratch. The OT’s are on the weak side nicotine-wise, so I’d be freebasing it with sodium carbonate.

same thing everyone else said. Good for replacing candy not so good for nicotine.

You can do the same thing with American twist chewing tobacco , That’s all it is is a tiny piece of chewing tobacco, if your in the states find yourself a twist of Good Money chewing tobacco & cut yourself a tiny piece LOL but I assure you after you chew it for awhile you will start cutting the pieces bigger & bigger LOL  Oh you will save a ton of money as well as OT is a joke LOL as I said it’s a tiny piece of twist chewing tobacco, the only reason you don’t have to spit is the piece is so dam small there is nothing to spit. G’Day

@TigerJacksphere Have you ever tried Mammoth Cave twist?

@Josephjames Hi bud, Yes I have tried Mammoth Cave Twist Tobacco, among several of the other twist that I used to see a lot more often. Sadly I think maybe some of them have been discontinued , hopefully I am wrong . I do like a good chew of twist tobacco ,Good Money, Mammoth Cave , Kentucky Twist, Cotton Bowl,Cumberland Twist , & there are several other brands that escape my mind at the moment.

2 Likes

Kentucky twist and Mammoth Cave used to be sold in my area. I haven’t looked in a while. Might check the next time I am in the grocery store. A friend used to chew Red Man. A guy he worked with would constantly bum a chew and never bought his own. So, one day my friend puts Mammoth Cave in the Red Man bag. The guy never asked again for a chew. It was too dry for him.

Actually you can get them fresh and moist, what happens is they don’t sell that good anymore and sit on the tobaccos store shelf until dry as a bone LOL , I would never buy them unless fresh and soft to the touch, I have a local tobacco store that keeps his Good Money Twist in his walk in humidor so they don’t hardly dry out before he can sell them. G’Day

1 Like

My advice would be to skip them altogether. The portions are far too small, and regular loose cut, plug, or twist chewing tobacco is much cheaper.

@TigerJackshere Ah, I learned something. Every Mammoth Cave I have ever encountered was bone dry. I thought that was normal!

If you ever find you a fresh soft tobacco Twist put it in a mason jar!!!

1 Like