Moroccan Snuff

Hey all.

Off to Morocco next week for a holiday. I was there 2 years ago and noticed that a lot of the locals use snuff. It was never in any branded packaging so I presume it’s locally made. Lots of younger men seem to favour snuff over smoking also, something you don’t see everywhere.

I had a few pinches here and there, mostly from taxi drivers. From Marrakesh to Fez the blend seemed to be the same. Coarse blend and natural (ie, unflavoured) and more dry than moist, which is reasonable considering the scorching climate.

What I’m asking is: if I try to buy a large quantity, maybe half a kilo or thereabouts, would anyone be interested in taking some off my hands? I wouldn’t be looking for profit, just cover the postage and the price of the snuff itself.

I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to purchase, I didn’t see it for sale last time, but then again I didn’t really look. It’s just something I was thinking about and said I’d see if there’s any interest amongst the community here. Europe only I’m afraid, cheers!

Definitely interested - always up for trying just about anything once…!

1 Like

Nevermind. I just saw the Europe only after I responded. Too bad. I’m always interested in trying new snuff.

2 Likes

@dan11 If you go around Tangier and the northern coast, you should try the Rifian “taba”. Pure artisan rustica goodness. It is sold “under the table” in 12-13g small plastic bags. But be careful, it’s powerful… @-)

3 Likes

Thanks fellas, from what I remember it was dark in colour, coarse, dry and a burn from hell! Hope I can source some this time.

Roderick, your W&H went down well with a taxi driver over there, the youngsters I offered it to refused a pinch, preferring their own instead. Their loss!

Hiiii somebody. who can help with tips where can i get?

1 Like

Count me in, sounds intriguing

2 Likes

Seems like nasal snuff is a pretty common thing there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRo5VGTrE0&lc=UgyeZFiWcjg-4LbLpQp4AaABAg.9ETgDlqvH0F9Ee9\_lxuFiK

The next video is a detailed snuff making tutorial in Arabic.