S.Gawith Range Reduced by 28 Snuffs

@MrSnuff Thank you, I appreciate that. Unfortunately SG tap boxes are notoriously bad at keeping snuff fresh, and Blue Crest is pretty much done when it dries out. No worries. It won’t be the first snuff I’ve loved and seen go out of production.

1 Like

Glad I caught this info in time to place an order before my favorites were out of stock. It’s a shame, but if they aren’t selling enough, what can you do?

1 Like

Thats very interesting news. I’ll keep those unopened tins unopened. I have found KB Special to be not that special, so I won’t miss it. But peppermint dark, I’ll miss. And SP # 1 too. 

1 Like

Are there any kind souls in the UK willing to trans ship SG bulk to the colonies?

That would be a very nice thing.

3 Likes

@chefdaniel, yes it would! Like 10 lbs of Red Crest :wink:

1 Like

@jmahes  That would be a nice starting point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you could make the Scottish Black (or something close to it) 1/4 Elmo’s reserve and 3/4 London Brown

1 Like

It’s a shame ! It’s the same with pipe tabacco more and more types disappear because of lack of costumers so people keep on sniffing and smoking to keep the brands alive !

2 Likes

Red crest please come back to me?

2 Likes

Is Irish D still for sale? not listed at MS

1 Like

If there are any kind hearted friends in the UK that would be interested in helping a poor yank take advantage of what @lunecat mentioned regarding MySmokingShop’s SG availability, I would love to chat with you.

Cheers

1 Like

@lunecat  Not yet.  Can you resend?

1 Like

I think Mellowmint is the biggest loss for me on the cull list. That said, it’s easy enough to tone down a heavily minted snuff with some plain, or even add mint to a plain, so personally I’ve gotten off lightly here. Seem most of my favourite SG offerings still have their place in the production schedule

1 Like

The following two snuffs should be added to the Lost Snuffs List, bringing the running total to 30:

McCombie

Ma’s Ruin

Possibly a somewhat ominous choice of name there for that last one…

Irish D Light and Wild Duck are still obtainable, fortunately. I guess the best overall solution is to keep purchasing the remaining snuffs in large quantities to make sure Gawith Hoggarth stay profitable.

By the way, I notice that the SG chewing tobacco list has been reduced to a mere three pre-packaged products.

1 Like

Necromancy.  How come these lists weren’t very accurate?  Some of these snuffs never went out of production.  I only started snuff in February of this year so I don’t have the back story, I guess

Just curious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad that was not a new post

1 Like

Old news. Topic should be locked

1 Like

Yes very old news. I wish they’d bring back Black Rappee.

2 Likes

@roderick could you recreate some of these lost loves?

I wonder if Irish D is still in production I have not seen this on sale for some months now. Very sad if it’s not, as there too few toasts in existence as it is.

1 Like