Dholakia Madras Toast

@larry_90066, i don’t have mine refrigerated. It’s cold and dry enough in a Massachusetts basement to be good. But even if you live in the Tropics, this Madras may be dry enough to be fine.

Any concerns, I’d refrigerate. It doesn’t hurt anything.

1 Like

I have received request from Snuff users about Dholakia Madras being available in larger packing size.

Currently it is only available in 25gm packing so what will be the ideal size if available ?

2 Likes

100gm, 250gm and 500gm IMO

3 Likes

Agreed. I would love to see at least 50g & 100g. That would be great.

3 Likes

I don’t order often, larger sizes would suit me better. You could also go smaller; like a 5 gram packet for first timers to try.

1 Like

Jaime from Mr.snuff informed me they are out of this product??

1 Like

@Mnzfam Mr. Snuff still has about 37 Dholakia Madras still in stock

Just pick up a load of 10, 25g any news on when you will have larger sizes available?

1 Like

Dholakia Madras Toast will get back in stock within two months at snuffstore.co.uk / mrsnuff.com.
I got this comforting info from snuffstore.co.uk online assistant yesterday.

3 Likes

It’s finally back!

https://snuffstore.co.uk/dholakia-snuff-c-55.html

2 Likes

@volunge does the Madras Toast have a pure tobacco scent or is there perfume and/or barnyard-ey overtones?

My 25 g tub wasn’t super fresh, so I can’t comment on ammonia, but I recall it having a pure, lightly toasted Indian tobacco scent. I mean, no perfume whatsoever, but it does have some vague scent in the far background, intrinsic to plain Indian snuffs. Same goes for Dholakia Sparrow, 6P LA Golden (Natural), FUBAR Snafu and Six Photo MG Madras.

Madras snuffs are special. They are greased and toasted, but scent-wise they have nothing in common with Irish toasts. They aren’t smokey, nutty nor BBQish. Rather… fatty, fried. Different alkalis there, too. Hits hard, astonishing, with a sharp, but rather short lasting burn, approximating the feeling of smoking pure rustica. Suprisingly, the back drip isn’t acrid at all.

It’s been almost two years since my last pinch of Dholakia Madras Toast, but as far as I can remember it was finer/less greased (i. e. somewhat drier), less toasted and lighter in colour than 6P MG Madras. Both are worth trying, small tester tubs are available (10 g D MT and 8 g 6P MGM).

1 Like

Cats out of bag… Uses this as base for my homemade Banana Fostner snuff for years. Will look for time to make another big batch sooner than later… Banana B has a different baseline.

2 Likes

Madras Toast has a very unique flavor profile. I like it but not as an all day snuff.

2 Likes

anyone else just not like this stuff at all? i found it to be very barnyard smelling and not toasty. just kinda gross plain tobacco. i gave it another go a little while ago…went just a little too far back in my nose and had me in a sneezing/nose-blowing fit for several minutes, which very rarely happens to me regardless of how carelessly i snuff something. is that what a ‘madras’ toast is supposed to be like?

1 Like

I didn’t enjoy my pot much either …no barnyard in mine just a sweet unremarkable tobacco …with some odd aftertaste . Mine does not appear to be the same snuff as described on the first page of this thread . 

Tried it when it first came out. Only snuff that ever made my nose bleed.

1 Like

Waiting forward to try the new batch. I hope I’ll get my small order with 10 g tub of DMT tomorrow. Will report back here.

1 Like

Awaiting your valuable feedback Volunge

1 Like

I received a tub within the last two weeks. Definitely not barnyard. A delayed burn, no crazy drip. Somewhat clogging. Pure tobacco taste without any trace of incense. Found it to be unremarkable, but not bad by any means.

1 Like