S.Gawith Range Reduced by 28 Snuffs

The Samuel Gawith snuff range appears to have been reduced to 52 snuffs following their acquisition by Gawith Hoggarth. The following 28 snuffs no longer appear on the S.Gawith list:

Auld Sannick
Blue Crest
Blue Crest Scented
Bouquet
Carnation
CCC
Cob Gold
Cuckoo
KB Special
Lavender Dark
Lavender Gold
Mellowmint
Mentholene
Otterhound
Peppermint Dark
Peppermint Gold
Princes Gold
Red Crest
Scotch Black
SG Extra Menthol
SP No.1
Spearmint Gold
Special M
Wallflower
X Blend
Yellow Crest
Yellow Crest Scented
Zip Camphorated

I’m sure I won’t be the only S.Gawith consumer to find several favourites on this list.

Apricot should be on there… Its terrible lol

1 Like

I wish I would have got to spend some time with the Blue and Red Crests… I know some people here are grieving over these.  My condolences.  

1 Like

I do find myself wondering of some of the newer artisan and Indian snuffs, and competition from newer flavors made by WoS among others, eclipsed SG to an extent that their sales could no longer keep them afloat.

I’ll bet a letter writing campaign could bring back certain flavors that were on the cusp, like probably the “Crest” line.

1 Like

Blue Crest was my all-day go-to for the last year and a half, until Mr. Snuff finally ran out. Scotch Black was my favorite Rappee. Some of their scented snuffs were pretty good, but their naturals were where I felt they always excelled. It’s a damned shame.

1 Like

I just did a quick stock check and here is what we have. Some are down to only one or two units unfortunately.

@Hitsuzen we do still have some Blue Crest in stock. 20 units of 10g. No 25g unfortunately.

Flavor 10g 25g

Auld Sannick Y Y

Blue Crest Y N

Blue Crest Scented Y Y

Bouquet Y Y

Carnation Y Y

CCC N Y

Cob Gold Y Y

Cuckoo N Y

KB Special N Y

Lavender Dark N Y

Lavender Gold N Y

Mellowmint Y Y

Mentholene Y Y

Otterhound N Y

Peppermint Dark Y Y

Peppermint Gold Y Y

Princes Gold Y Y

Red Crest N N

Scotch Black N Y

SG Extra Menthol Y N

SP No.1 N N

Spearmint Gold N N

Special M Y Y

Wallflower Y Y

X Blend Y Y

Yellow Crest Y Y

Yellow Crest Scented N N

Zip Camphorated Y Y

1 Like

Time to get economical with what’s left of my SG stash.  Dammit.

2 Likes

@MrSnuff Thank you, I appreciate that. Unfortunately SG tap boxes are notoriously bad at keeping snuff fresh, and Blue Crest is pretty much done when it dries out. No worries. It won’t be the first snuff I’ve loved and seen go out of production.

1 Like

Glad I caught this info in time to place an order before my favorites were out of stock. It’s a shame, but if they aren’t selling enough, what can you do?

1 Like

Thats very interesting news. I’ll keep those unopened tins unopened. I have found KB Special to be not that special, so I won’t miss it. But peppermint dark, I’ll miss. And SP # 1 too. 

1 Like

Are there any kind souls in the UK willing to trans ship SG bulk to the colonies?

That would be a very nice thing.

3 Likes

@chefdaniel, yes it would! Like 10 lbs of Red Crest :wink:

1 Like

@jmahes  That would be a nice starting point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you could make the Scottish Black (or something close to it) 1/4 Elmo’s reserve and 3/4 London Brown

1 Like

It’s a shame ! It’s the same with pipe tabacco more and more types disappear because of lack of costumers so people keep on sniffing and smoking to keep the brands alive !

2 Likes

Red crest please come back to me?

2 Likes

Is Irish D still for sale? not listed at MS

1 Like

If there are any kind hearted friends in the UK that would be interested in helping a poor yank take advantage of what @lunecat mentioned regarding MySmokingShop’s SG availability, I would love to chat with you.

Cheers

1 Like

@lunecat  Not yet.  Can you resend?

1 Like

I think Mellowmint is the biggest loss for me on the cull list. That said, it’s easy enough to tone down a heavily minted snuff with some plain, or even add mint to a plain, so personally I’ve gotten off lightly here. Seem most of my favourite SG offerings still have their place in the production schedule

1 Like