High nicotine snuff for smokers?

Agreed, @1holegrouper and it may just be the mindset and the habit of actually smoking to get my nic fix. I intend on purchasing some.rustica very shortly from @roderick

Tps madras is strong, RR mills plain is also strong. Dholakia toasts too. Hell anything would probably work. The trick really is when you feel that craving coming wait until it gets strong, and take a pinch, not a huge one either, then take it again, blow and take another. It’ll work, just rinse and repeat as necessary. Pretty soon you’ll find your craving is being met each and every time by snuff. And when you start craving a few days later you’ll notice it is for snuff. Snuff+persistence = no cigarettes

1 Like

Rustica does it for me but be aware that over-use comes with side effects. Was giving it large last night and the ensuing dreams and nightmares I woke up in a cold sweat from this morning won’t be forgotten in a hurry.

It took my body some time to figure out the nic was coming from my nose not my lungs. Once my brain got on board it was just getting over the habit of smoking. Getting away from the feelings of smoking was much harder than just getting my nicotine fix. Also since snuff hits differently, you need to adjust to how to get enough nic to cover the craving. I found snuffing early into the craving made it easier than waiting until it was a full blown need.  

Most any snuff gives enough nicotine, it’s matter of dose size and frequency. Expecting one pinch to equal a ciggie is a fools errand.

2 Likes

Yup, smoking is more addictive than nicotine.

2 Likes

I never quit smoking , I put down the cancer sticks and picked up a pipe. The trick is not to inhale. Do I inhale? sure but not every puff.and when I do it’s already on it’s way out. A pipe could last an hour; you get more than enough nicotine without inhaling and your filling your need to smoke. [And pipe smokers live longer than non smokers" The Surgeon General "] So put down those cancer sticks and beat smoking 2 packs with a pipe. 

If you want more nicotine try Swedish Snus. Looking for a nicotine rush? Smoke a hit of Dokha that will send your head swirling. Best of luck

1 Like

I quit a 25 year pack a day habit with snus, the real Swedish stuff has more than enough nicotine to do the job. The hardest part of quitting is the habit aspect of smoking. After getting over the smoking habit it was easy for me to transition from snus to snuff. Now I keep snus around for the convenience factor - sometimes it’s not practical to use snuff so I’ll pop a snus instead. I do smoke a pipe now but I waited until I was off the cigarettes for about 3 years. Today snuff is by far my main source of tobacco enjoyment.

Viking Dark, IHT#22 or Toque Natural Toast, Toque Whiskey & Honey USA all deliver enough nicotine for me.

6 Likes

I think Rustica is the one and only way to go if none of the recommended above by lunecat works for you. It is top nicotine, but also carries some wicked alcaloids you must be able to manage, so if you overdo it and Sandman makes you a visit by night, some paracetamol may help you (it works for me) to put him back into the closet…

3 Likes

Snuff. Snus (some chew or dip as well, but not that often). Pipe. The holy trinity of tobacco pleasure.
I use snus mainly during work and when people are around and i cannot freely fill my nostrils.
At home, it is snuff most of the time. Pipe comes and goes, just how i feel to have one or not.
The world of snuff is vast and i think with some research and trial/error technique you will easily find
the types or brands of snuff which give you the right ammount of nicotine to keep the sticks away.
As some people already said, you have to change the habit of cigarette use into one of snuff use.
In the beginning it may be not that easy but it is rewarding on many levels. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

You need to simply not smoke. When you want to, do as the other posters have recommended and get some White Elephant, or Dholakia White, and do a few pinches. Or any snuff for that matter. It has the nicotine you need, you just need to re-condition yourself to not smoke. Once you’ve gotten over the hurdle, it’ll be easy. Then you’ll find that snuff has so many different aspects you’ll wonder why you didn’t start sooner.

1 Like

You need to keep in mind that as a cigarette smoker, you’re not only craving nicotine. You miss the sensation of inhaling smoke into your lungs. My friend is a heavy smoker and while he, judging from the head spinning feeling and relaxation, certainly got enough nicotine from a pouch of Oden’s Extreme (snus). But he said it’s not enough, just because that sensation I previously mentioned is missing.

Indian whites = White Elephant,Dholakia White ,6 Photo Cheetah, Fubar Willie Pete

Indian Browns = Q snuff smokers blend, Fubar Snafu Plain,Dholakia Sparrow,Sparrow Cool,Dholakia Aniseed menthol, Madras, Swastika 

Toque = Quit,USA Whiskey & Honey,Rustica 

American Scotches 

Toasts

African Snuffs Like Taxi Red. 

There are also other things to smoke that may help your lungs and they are herbs like Coltsfoot, Mullein and Lobelia ,Lobelia mimics nicotine and you will want to cut back the amount you use to ween off your dependency. 

The leaves are the basis of the British Herb Tobacco, in which Coltsfoot predominates, the other ingredients being Buckbean, Eyebright, Betony, Rosemary, Thyme, Lavender, and Chamomile flowers.

Mullein- The dried leaves are sometimes smoked in an ordinary tobacco pipe to relieve the irritation of the respiratory mucus membranes, and will completely control, it is said, the hacking cough of consumption. They can be employed with equal benefit when made into cigarettes, for asthma and spasmodic coughs in general.

As with any substance use with caution till you know how it effects you. Herbs can be intoxicating.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Coltsfoot%2C+Mullein+and+Lobelia&oq=Coltsfoot%2C+Mullein+and+Lobelia&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

3 Likes

A strong dark snuff can replicate the hit of cig better in some ways than a strong light snuff. I’d recommend a South African snuff or Viking Dark.

Strong light snuffs like the Indian whites are strong but they are very stimulating and don’t feel like a cigarette, while the heavier snuffs do have more of that heavy “buzz” feeling.

As most others said you do become acclimatized to snuff such that even weaker snuffs are fully satisfying but until you are used to snuff best to just take repeated pinches of something strong, whatever it is.

1 Like

That rustica is strong for sure but I think I’m going to give it a rest for at least a little while because it messes with my mind. Do any of the other ‘big hitters’ come with ‘extras’.

Viking Dark, Toque Quit and SWS Lundy Foot all seem to be heavy hitters for me. Especially the Viking Dark. The pure Rustica is kind of like, to use a alcohol analogy, Everclear. The real key is to do a reset of what is a manageable level if nicotine. Also, the hardest part about quitting smoking is not the nicotine in my opinion but the mental association with the ritual which involves many more things than snuff does (hands, lungs, lighter, etc.)

2 Likes

Think I’ll get some Viking Dark, sounds right up my street from what I’ve read. Rustica is the only stuff that hits the spot but too much leaves me a slobbering wreck and the missus all agog at my dishevelment.

1 Like

Sir Walter Scott’s ‘Thrice Brewed’ is high nic. Also try chasing it with White Elephant.

1 Like

And SWS Aged Border Rapee- one of my most favorites of all time. That sorta spells it out !

1 Like

Lundy Foot has Rustica in the mix, if I remember correctly. Johnny was aiming for a considerable nicotine hit when he developed it, so if you don’t care for the Indian snuffs then that might be your best bet. If you do get on with Indian snuff, the Madras-style ones are also heavy hitters, and as they are toasted in ghee the flavour might well appeal to you as a smoker.

1 Like

Well my 41P WE has arrived. I like it -I like it a lot. For some reason I have no problem taking it, whereas the rustica feels like a grenade going off in my nose. The Viking Dark is out of this world. That’s two new favourites right there. Never heard it described as such but the Viking smells exactly like a freshly opened pouch of Drum tobacco, to me. Yum! Haven’t tried the F&T HDT yet but I’ll be in amongst it as soon as I get home from work!

3 Likes