Dholakia Madras Toast

After the samples, it’s nice to finally get the final product!

It’s medium-dark brown, fluffy and slightly moist. As a Madras, it’s mild in Madras flavor but it’s still pretty rich in overall flavor.
This can be an all day snuff, right balance between flavor, grind and nicotine.
Nice initial burn, followed by the classic Madras ghee-flavor then it settles down into the nuttiness of a Toast.
I like it, and grabbed 100grm, just in case I really did, which I do :slight_smile:
J

I finally got a this one in the mail - my first Madras snuff.  I like it!  From your description jmahes, it sounds like this is a good representation of a Madras.  

1 Like

Hey @SeanOCDPx I think it is but just a milder version. TPS is more pungent but not as smooth. Sniffers who are used to NB/ NC TPS will definitely find Madras Toast to be a calmer experience. Nevertheless the Madras is still in there. You can do ally of this snuff and not get tired of the aroma.

1 Like

Earlier in the year when Dholakia was doing the taste tester panel, I got a sample in the mail.  Unfortunately, as alot of other people also experienced, it was tainted with the mentholated herbal sample that also came with it.  My sample of Medicated no10, which I received a short while afterwards, was fantastic.  On my last order, I ordered both.  Unfortunately delivery is taking longer than usual this time.  Patiently waiting to try the final product, or at least as patiently as possible B-)

2 Likes

@Hitsuzen, same thing happened to me. I got the Madras C sample, which after airing the menthol out of it, was lighter in color and nuttier than the final product ( which I believe is similar to Madras A sample ).
The final product is darker with the tobacco / Madras scent about even, at first sniff…

1 Like

Okay, finally came in the mail today. @jmahes You were spot on about it being a Madras light. I wouldn’t have called it a Madras in either texture or intensity. Taken for what it is, outside of being EITHER a Madras or a Toast, this stuff is exquisite. Hold for controversial statement… Taken just for the snuff that it is, and not for being a “Madras” per se, I would choose this over NB, NC, or TPS. I love all three of those, and to me those are all true Madras style snuffs, or at least what I’ve come to associate with the word “Madras”, but out of the four, I would choose the Dholakia offering above any of the others. I wish I would have gotten the bigger tub.

5 Likes

@jmahes and @Hitsuzen Thanks for your reviews on Dholakia Madras.

Currently we have supplied in 25gm packing.

Kindly let us know what packing size will be ideal for your collection which we can add in our next shipment.

Regards
Manit Joshi

Hi @Manit_Joshi, I like the 25gr amount for a single unit but I prefer the type of screw -top tubs that the Dholakia White comes in…Less chance of opening in a ruck sack etc also I like how the latter can be tightened down securely.
I would buy 50gr amounts of this snuff>>.

1 Like

I like the current batch formula ; 500 grams should last me for awhile. Wish I could get it direct, factory fresh.

4 Likes

50g and a screw top sounds good to me.

This is a very nice and well behaved snuff. Worth a try if you have not had any 

2 Likes

Factories should sell bulk direct to customer. @Manit_Joshi If you did kilo sizes direct I’d buy a few varieties, you guys make some great snuff.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion on different packing sizes I will further inform Mr. Snuff about this recommendation to include in next order.

About selling directly I would love to do so but due to tobacco restriction in our country it makes very difficult to sell directly. The documentation process is very long also private courier such as DHL and FedEx are restricted to carry tobacco products. Hence there are very few options left of which the minimum quantity requirement for shipping is 25 kg.

Hence we send goods in bulk to Mr. Snuff who can further distribute to different parts of world.

If you have better suggestion or recommendation please let us know we would love to co-operate.

Regards
Manit Joshi

3 Likes

Finally posted my review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=\_qa9H3sgz0s

5 Likes

Thanks for your reviews

1 Like

I always check to see if the Madras Toast is in stock at MS, but no luck so far. (I also note that MS is running low on Dholakia White, being out of stock in the convenient 25gm and 50gm sizes). When it’s in, I’ll definitely order some!

1 Like

Dholakia Madras Toast is currently in Stock at Mr. Snuff.

Please click below link to Order.

https://mrsnuff.com/dholakia-madras-toast-p-3648.html

Regards
Manit Joshi

1 Like

@Manit_Joshi, great! I really enjoyed the sample you sent out. It is quite different from the other Madras snuffs I’ve tried, but a really good every day, all day snuff, not as difficult to take as many toasts.

1 Like

Just ordered some. Looking forward to trying it. Does it need to be refrigerated?

1 Like

@larry_90066, i don’t have mine refrigerated. It’s cold and dry enough in a Massachusetts basement to be good. But even if you live in the Tropics, this Madras may be dry enough to be fine.

Any concerns, I’d refrigerate. It doesn’t hurt anything.

1 Like