What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

SG Westmoreland mixture in a Peterson 106

C&D Billy Budd in a Grabow pot

Rattray’s Highland Targe. I have not had this in a week or two. It was the last chance for this blend. I hate throwing out tobacco but this is just not worth it.

I am always very reluctant to give up on a tobacco. Too bitey, I’ll add in some turkish. Too bland, I’ll add in latakia. I’ve turned some real duds into winners by a bit of blending experimentation. If all else fails, I can usually find someone to take it off my hands. Heck, I’ve even fixed Mixture 79 to make it smokable. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

Daughters & Ryan Rimboche A.B. in a Grabow

Nautical theme this morning with GH’s Rum Rope (in the absence of Navy Flake!) in the Mr Brog Navy

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake in a meer.

1792 Flake in a Pete 80 s

Old Dark Fired in a Cob

Magnum Opus in a basket Oom Paul

C&D Bayou Mornings

Comfort of Bath in my little Savinelli Minuto

Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium 97’ in a Dunhill Shilling

Esoterica Woodbridge

Rattray’s Highland Targe. I have not had this in a week or two. It was the last chance for this blend. I hate throwing out tobacco but this is just not worth it.

I am always very reluctant to give up on a tobacco. Too bitey, I’ll add in some turkish. Too bland, I’ll add in latakia. I’ve turned some real duds into winners by a bit of blending experimentation. If all else fails, I can usually find someone to take it off my hands. Heck, I’ve even fixed Mixture 79 to make it smokable. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

I will do this too but this well . . . the orientals usually play off of the VA’s and I get a sweet/sour note in many Lat. blends. This one I get sour/sour/bitter that runs down the center of my tongue from the first puff and remains. I also get a finish that is strongly metallic kind of like when you eat a can of peaches straight out of the tin. The tin was 4 yrs. old, no visible signs of rusting, ect. but it is not worth the time or using a blend I enjoy to bring it to smokable if it could be done, which after all the playing I have done with it I doubt.

Starting off with SG’s Best Brown Flake.

Prince Albert in a Sav Autograph bent billiard

SG Full VA Flake.

Amphora in Chacom gentleman 1096

Carter Hall in a MM Cob

G&H Dark Plug in a Dawnmist Clay