Rosinski snuff

Hi, guys, have just read through this thread, feel a bit like a blushing school boy now :slight_smile: To avoid speculation about the Driesener - no, no rustica involved, just an old East German cultivar that I stumbled across and it turned out to be perfect for green snuffs… Have to grow it myself as it needs a little extra care that does not fit into modern agriculture… This year, I have planned for more of it, so hopefully I will not run out of it before the next harvest.

I’ve been hitting the Stargarder pretty hard today, after a few pinches of Goldapper with my morning pot of dark roast Brazil. Stargarder with hot Assam tea with milk and sugar right now. Damn. Great snuff, one that reaffirms my thinking that the true measure of a tobacco artisan is the ability to coax the inherent scents and flavors from the leaf before adding anything. I do detect what seems to be honey, but that could very well be the result of some alchemy on the maker’s part.

1 Like

Hats off to you @MarvinLapsus and @chefdaniel for your greeat reviews of this fine snuff. I only wish I could write as well as you gentlemen do. I now have a more solid foundation of the scents, tobaccos, and nuances of Mr Rosinski’s fine snuffs. I have one jar of each of five different Rosinskis, keep them stored by themselves, only use at night while reading or watching Borgias or Wolf Hall. Thanks for the great posts. Both of you are such excellent writers. Its late at night now where I live, so I will take out my box of Rosinski snuff and enjoy these creations with an increased appreciation!

1 Like

@chefdaniel - there must be alchemy involved, on the Polish beekeepers part who makes what he calls heathland honey, which I use for fermentation. Great honey with an incredibly intensive scent, have tried other honeys but they just did not do the same. Just digging into your Pumpernickel Toast again, which I can´t leave my hands off… Wakes up appetites, brings back childhood memories of happy trips to Czech countryside restaurants. That´s what I expect of a good snuff - not to “smell of”, but to make you lean back and let your mind wander. Congratulations to this snuff (and your others, as well!), great craftmanship.

2 Likes

Rosinski snuffs have found a prominent place at the top of my daily rotation. My HDT is getting jealous. There isn’t one that I don’t thoroughly enjoy…often. I’ve gotten close to wiping out my jar of Stargarder. When it’s truly wiped out I’m going to wipe it out again, with a good scrubbing and use it as an ink well. Beautiful packaging for beautiful snuff. Kudos!

The Stargarder and Goldapper are my favorites. Mr. Rosinski is an artist.

kathnertabak has to be my favorite of the four I have tried. Two others I have not put my nose to yet but may tonight. The other two with menthol I did not order but may in the future.

1 Like

When will we see a new Rosinski snuff to add to this already great selection??

@nicmizer: pretty soon, five new snuffs are in the making: a traditional kashubian recipee, a recipee of my own based on burley and red wine, another one taking up South African themes, a black toast with mint, and, when I will have the first new green tobacco available, another green snuff, fresher than Driesener and with a hint of menthol. They are basically ready, but before we release them, we need to open the test batches successively to be sure they always come out in the same quality. You will see them in the late summer / early autumn, so please be patient :slight_smile:

@rosinski Sounds fabulous !!!

when I will have the first new green tobacco available, another green snuff, fresher than Driesener and with a hint of menthol.

@rosinski - Sounds very exciting :slight_smile: More green snuff eh? As far as I know you’re the only maker producing new green snuff. I look forwards to that with anticipation :smiley:

My Driesener tub arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I feel it’s fair to help this site get going again with a review…
I mostly agree with the Chef’s review: It’s coarse (probably less so so than Uckerm

Man, reading all of these reviews makes me really want to order them all right now! But I’m tapped put this month. I will be looking forward to ordering them very soon.

Kathnertabak is so completely unique and confounding, in a sense. It has this amazing smell/taste up in my nose…and that after-scent is really long lasting. After reading the reviews above, I really want to try the Driesener.

Driesener is out-of-stock at Mr. Snuff.  Will more of it become available soon?

Mark

@markstinson - I have just finished drying this years new Driesener. I has come out nicely with the expected aromas, and since I was able to improve my drying techniques, the colour of it is not greyish olive as last years batch, but from this year on it is a nice lime green. 

@rosinski, that sounds great. When do you think it will become available? :slight_smile: Mark

@marktstinson - it will probably be available at the end of September, depending on MrSnuff’s orders from me. If you like, I can tell you here on the forum when it will be in the store.

Sure thing. That would be great… Mark

Yeah do that Rosinski - I want to try this green snuff!

Are Rosinski snuffs available in bulk to the US from any sites?