expanding

So I’ve come into a little money and looking to buy some more snuff (don’t we always do that? ). I was wanting some advice on things to try. my favorite snuffs so far are old paris, viking dark, and old mill acadia. I have been having some bad reactions to menthol here lately (have some in the trade thread for those of you interested), so I don’t want any menthol at all. Thanks for your advice

You owe it to yourself to check in with @chefdaniel. He has a fabulous selection of snuffs that are frankly not replicated anywhere.

Viking is made by Samuel Gawith they have a gaggle of similar snuffs with the same grind and moisture level. Just don’t bother with their fruit snuffs.Or buy any 10 gram snuff slide boxes.

@stogie I have 6 of the old mill snuffs, acadia was one of my favorites listed @basement_shaman I was looking at those on Mr snuff, but man there are a ton of snuffs made by them. Would Kendall brown be in that family? Also what about prins regent from de kralingse (sp?)

Yes KB original Not sure on the Prins Regent I think that a course ground but not sure on the moisture level. Best to order DeKralingse Direct. http://www.snuifmolenswebshop.nl/

Try F&T Old Paris. It is a classic, and well worth adding to your snuff stash.

F&T: Princes, Santa Domingo, Macouba SG: Kendal Brown, Elmos Reserve, London Brown/Black Rappee, Celtic Talisman, Vanilla, Hazlenut, Peppermint Dark, Black Coffee GH: Ambassador WoS: Best Dark Tq: Berwick Brown MdK: Latakia AO 1860

@cpmcdill old paris is listed as one of my favorites up there. It is wonderful though

@basement_shaman thanks @50ft_trad thanks, I’ll look into those now

@cpmcdill old paris is listed as one of my favorites up there. It is wonderful though

Oops! And to think I used to ace reading comprehension tests when I was in school. :wink:

@hgrissom For some reason I put F&T Macouba in that list. It’s not as course a grind as the others. Bit of a brain fart on my behalf there, sorry. It’s actually a fine ground snuff with quite a strong aroma (to my nose), and doesn’t belong in that list - don’t know what I was thinking there! Apologies if this retraction comes a bit late.

@cpmcdill no worries lol. I appreciate you taking the time to answer @50ft_trad not too late my friend, thanks for letting me know

It a little late in the season but have you tried any Schmalzlers ? I enjoy them in cooler weather for some odd reason.

@basement_shaman to be honest, I have no clue what a schmalzler is. I have some poschl products, but the menthol bothers me

Most schmalzlers are moist, heavy and tend to be fruity. Only a few have any menthol. Bernard Aecht Alt Schmalzler was my first and the fasted 10 gram box I emptied. They are greased and have a longer shelf life for moist snuffs. Bernard Klostermischung was my second then I had to explore them all. Sternecker Echt Fresco is a great value So are the Poschl,Believe it or not Poschl Schmalzler are non mentholated.Poschl Schmalzler Sudfrucht is quite yummy you need a big snuff spoon for these. you can just shovel it in till you feel content. Then squeeze your nose so it don’t fall out. Warning you will need a handkerchief until you adjust to using them… I think I will Sample some now. :smiley:

@basement_shaman thanks, I’ll go add some to my cart now