new sniffer with my first order

Hi guys and gals, I’m new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hyatt and I live in North Carolina. Started with Swedish snus, but much prefer snuff. I’m a bit of an Anglophile, I support the baggies for you that care for the beautiful game. Also just placed my first order at Mr snuff ever and am still awaiting it’s arrival. here’s what I ordered: 1. 6 photo kailash in 45g 2. Dholakia Ganga in 50g 3. WoS grand Cairo in 25g 4. WoS Jockey Club in 25g 5. Toque cherry menthol 10g 6. Toque grapefruit 10g 7. Toque peach 10g 8. Toque raspberry menthol 10g 9. Toque rose 10g 10. Toque strawberry 10g 11. Toque Spanish gem 10g 12. Toque st clements 10g 13. Toque vanilla 10g 14. Toque violet 10g 15. Poschl Alpina 10g 16. Poschl fc bayern 10g 17. Poschl gawith apricot 10g 18. Poschl gletscherprise 10g 19. Poschl lowenprise 10g 20. Poschl Schreeberg Weiss 10g How’d I do?

Welcome hgrissom, looks like you will be busy for a while.

Welcome hgrissom; 6 photo at the top of the list, you did fine. =D> >:/ don’t buy any 10 gram english Tap boxes =;

Welcome hgrissom; 6 photo at the top of the list, you did fine. =D> >:/ don’t buy any 10 gram english Tap boxes =;

I don’t really know what a tap box is, I ordered a plastic box from Mr snuff to hold it

Welcome @hgrissom :slight_smile: You will receive your Pöschls in tap boxes. But they are not English so don’t worry.

Welcome aboard hgrissom ! Nice selection you have there, especially the 6 Photo picks. Enjoy !

A Tap Box is what smaller portions of snuff is sold in. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes but get their name from what you do to dispense the snuff from within. While I do occasionally order some- I find that they don’t keep snuff fresh and unless I plough through it in short order the snuff will dry out very quickly. As for your initial order, if I may suggest doubling or tripling up on initial orders; in my honest opine a few (10 or less grams) isn’t enough to truly appreciate a particular snuff. Larger tins allow for time to take it in, set it aside and then re-visit it. Not that I am the true authority on snuff, but in my experience the smaller portions were never quite enough to get a real feel for a new type. Keep at it and enjoy the journey.

Hello @hgrissom nice to have you aboard! I think your order looks pretty good. To truly fall in with the anglophile persona you gotta get some Samuel Gawith Kendal Brown and some Tom Buck or Queens Extra from WoS maybe some Hedges L260 or McChrystal’s O&G! J/K, looks like you got a great start. I like the baggies myself, bit of a drag against Man City yesterday though.

Hello @hgrissom nice to have you aboard! I think your order looks pretty good. To truly fall in with the anglophile persona you gotta get some Samuel Gawith Kendal Brown and some Tom Buck or Queens Extra from WoS maybe some Hedges L260 or McChrystal’s O&G! J/K, looks like you got a great start. I like the baggies myself, bit of a drag against Man City yesterday though.

Ah well, I haven’t earned my anglophile badge then. Kendal Brown seemed… odd from the description to me, maybe it’s awesome. Tom Buck is one I wanted to order, but was running out of money. The Hedges and McChrystals are both stronger menthols aren’t they? I can do menthol with another flavor, but I’m not a huge fan of just straight menthol. That match was… truly sad. I have notifications sent to my phone when there’s a score or a red card etc. and I was out playing with my son in the yard (garden for you English) and my phone kept going off. I finally went to check it and it was utterly depressing. At least at this point it looks as if we’ll avoid the drop.

A Tap Box is what smaller portions of snuff is sold in. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes but get their name from what you do to dispense the snuff from within. While I do occasionally order some- I find that they don’t keep snuff fresh and unless I plough through it in short order the snuff will dry out very quickly. As for your initial order, if I may suggest doubling or tripling up on initial orders; in my honest opine a few (10 or less grams) isn’t enough to truly appreciate a particular snuff. Larger tins allow for time to take it in, set it aside and then re-visit it. Not that I am the true authority on snuff, but in my experience the smaller portions were never quite enough to get a real feel for a new type. Keep at it and enjoy the journey.

Thanks for the advice, I’m a little nervous about ordering 25g of a snuff I may just hate. I’ve used many tobacco products so I can ususally steer myself towards flavors I like, but it really depends on the individual blend whether it’s good or just a fake awful smell. My nose can be pretty sensitive and usually with one whiff I can tell if something is doable for me or not which is why I tried to avoid big tins at first. I view this mostly as a “tasting box” order and I will probably order more once I know for sure what I like. As a side note, I have ordered 50g of Old Paris since this and 300g+ of the pot luck so we’ll see what that is.

Wow 300g that is a leap of faith. the pot lucks I had got in the past contained all 6 photos. It was good for me because I like 6 photo snuffs. Bummer was I had ordered 3 tins of each 66 and 666 and my pot luck had the older square tins of 66 and big round super chetak. I am set for 66 for a decade or so. I think I will do some now.

@basement_shaman Well, I haven’t had any I just can’t do, so I think it’ll work. I hope. This is still a cheap hobby for me, Snus was trying to break the bank

@hgrissom yes L260 is a strong straight menthol but the O&G is slightly less intense with some lemon notes about it, both good though and classic English staples I might add. Tom Buck and the Queens are the same snuff a good ole fashioned SP style which is another English staple.

Thanks for the advice, I’m a little nervous about ordering 25g of a snuff I may just hate. I’ve used many tobacco products so I can ususally steer myself towards flavors I like, but it really depends on the individual blend whether it’s good or just a fake awful smell. My nose can be pretty sensitive and usually with one whiff I can tell if something is doable for me or not which is why I tried to avoid big tins at first. I view this mostly as a “tasting box” order and I will probably order more once I know for sure what I like. As a side note, I have ordered 50g of Old Paris since this and 300g+ of the pot luck so we’ll see what that is.

Worst case scenario is you get a tin you don’t care for at first and you set it aside and re-visit it later; you never know, you may just come around. This has been the case several times with different snuffs that I tried and didn’t like at first but tried again and found I did. Mind you not every time, but more often than not. There is also the potential to trade it with other members.

Wow 300g that is a leap of faith. the pot lucks I had got in the past contained all 6 photos. It was good for me because I like 6 photo snuffs. Bummer was I had ordered 3 tins of each 66 and 666 and my pot luck had the older square tins of 66 and big round super chetak. I am set for 66 for a decade or so. I think I will do some now.

@basement_shaman hey that 300g pot luck came in today, not too shabby. I got about 110g of Dholakia aniseed menthol, 100g of Dholakia sparrow cool and 90g of Dholakia medicated. So I’m in Dholakia land for a while lol

Also, I like anis, so that’s fine by me as well

Sure do miss @hgrissom alot. Wish he’d have made it to the new boards. Maybe I’ll shoot him an email…

@Hitsuzen I have returned amigo. Work got crazy for a while and I had a broken nose from my son so snuff was out for a while