McChrystal's Whiskey

Has anybody tried this one? I haven’t seen or heard of it before, I just noticed it last night putting together an order. I’ve liked all the McChrystal’s I’ve tried so far and hopefully it will get to me soon.

It was launched on November or December, I think. Being a McChrystal’s offering it will surely be interesting.

Really good snuff.nice burn and nic hit was huge to start with.i don’t get much of a nic buzz these days but this hit the spot.i would recommend.

Really good snuff.nice burn and nic hit was huge to start with.i don’t get much of a nic buzz these days but this hit the spot.i would recommend.

This sounds really good. How was the whiskey flavouring? Smokey and peaty like a scotch or more mellow like Whiskey and Honey?

Open the tin and smell it and it just like putting your nose in glass of whiskey. In the nose has fruit like whiskey deep scent.hard to describe I am no good placing scents very well.

Open the tin and smell it and it just like putting your nose in glass of whiskey. In the nose has fruit like whiskey deep scent.hard to describe I am no good placing scents very well.

That sounds way better than Wilsons’ Whiskey, which reminded me to somewhat smoky (but very lightly, sadly) molasses.

It’s now one of my favourite’s from mc chrystals. It sits on their o&g base flour with fruity plum and a fine single malt in the blend.probably need to move it in to a air tight jar,loose fitting lid will fall off if not careful and the scent will go with it.decant soon as possible.

I’ve had a couple of days with this now and even though I am just getting over a head cold which may be affecting my sense of smell a bit I think I can say with confidence that this will be a repeat buy for me. I am far from a whiskey connoisseur but the smell in the tin reminds me of a bourbon or Jack Daniels, it might be close to a scotch but I’m not a big scotch drinker so I can’t say for sure. The grind and moisture is the typical McChrystal’s medium and is very easy to take. What I really like about this is the slight addition of menthol, very subtle and providing a cooling effect without interfering with the whiskey flavour at all. It’s like a Jim Beam on the rocks. Coincidentally I received some Samuel Gawith Cola in the same order, I might see if I can mix a Jack and Coke with them later.

Is there an on line source for this snuff ? it sounds great

Is there an on line source for this snuff ? it sounds great

I got it online from mysmokingshop.

I guess I’m lucky enough to live just down the road (figuratively speaking) from Leicester, where they’re based, so I always order my McC snuff direct from them when possible. I need to re-order soon, and based on what I’ve read here, whisky will definitely be a part of that. I saw it on their website and was thinking about it, but now it sounds like an absolute must.

Perhaps @MrSnuff will stock it. My smokingshop does not ship to USA, too bad, he has some interesting products there

I had know idea they even had whisky. It will be ordered VERY shortly, i can guarantee you that. If you hear of any new snuffs (or any we don’t stock) just let me know and we’ll do our best to get hold of it. BTW: we have a 50% sale on all Dholakia (as well as Blast, Temptation and WOW) at the moment. I want to clear the shelves for a decent sized new order. Use code JAN50 at checkout.

Order duly placed this evening with McC. I’ll review on arrival. Looking forward to it!

I like to try this,sounds right up my alley

@MrSnuff “If you hear of any new snuffs (or any we don’t stock) just let me know and we’ll do our best to get hold of it” Can you look into stocking TP and NB Madras, sure there a load of us here that would order :slight_smile:

@Derek_007 sure thing.

A few months ago when I first tried it I did not like it very well, but now it’s just like whiskey but they say it’s Fruity aromas with underlying notes of vanilla on their website once you know that you re like hmm nice fruity aromas :wink:
Though, If you re looking for an islay whisky then you should go for mull of oa.

1 Like