Top 5 menthol/medicated

Hi. I am really quite liking the menthol snuffs! I’ve only got 2 currently but will be putting an order in soon and wanted to see what people rated as their top 5. So, which ones are a cut above the rest? Thanks!

2 that I like the best are RedBull and Viking menthol.

6 Photo Special Hedges l260 WoS SM 500 WoS Dynamite South African - Dr.Rumney’s 5g

All I have to go on are Hedges and McChrystal’s Original & Genuine. Of the two, I slightly prefer O&G for an “all day” mentholated snuff just because the menthol is less overpowering. Hedges on the other hand is great to wake up with because it will wake you up one way or the other. I’m not sure if it has more nicotine or not, but it works. All in all, you’d be doing yourself disservice if you didn’t get both in my opinion. While my menthol experience is, as I said, limited, the general consensus on the various forums I’m on backs that statement up.

I can’t take strong menthols, if I ever do get the urge to have a blocked, runny nose and watering eyes I’ll try to catch a cold - that’s free. Therefore, for my more mild tastes, I’d say; 6 Photo Kailash 6 Photo Special Gawith and Hoggarth C&M Ozona Spearmint or Cherry - when I can get it out the side of that damned swivel-tin! I can sometimes cope with the odd pinch of Red Bull and President, however…

6 Photo Kailash Bernard’s Fichtennadel Hedges L.260 McC O&G Pöschl GletscherPrise

A vote for Fubar Medic. I love this snuff and feel it’s somewhat underrated, maybe due to the slightly unusual branding for this range. Subtle menthol but a gorgeous tobacco undertone.

Silver Dollar Medicated WoS Cherry Menthol

1. Hedges L260 2. McC O&G 3. GH M4X 4. 6P Medicated No66

SM Gold and SM Blue by WoS

Thank you everyone. Some good ones to add to the order. Funny no mention of the J&HW No99? Is it no good? Ones I have tried are McC O&G which is great and the Viking one.

@Pablo It loses to Hedges on terms of complexity and flour, at least for me. It’s mainly a plain floor menthol bomb while Hedges has that delectable and mysterious biscuity base that has been discussed many times.

WoS SM500 (good default medicated) WoS Aniseed Extra + Ozona President + McC Highland Ice (tasty&spicy, yet mild freshness) WoS Dynamite (strong and smoky eucalyptus bomb) Pöschl Löwenprise (!!!) @basement_shaman‌ Is the "South African - Dr.Rumney’s 5g " the same snuff as http://www.snuffstore.de/veyton/de/schnupftabak/laender/deutschland/rumneys-export/rumneys-export-6.5g ?

@Staubsauger Reading the reviews on that site, I don’t see it to be. The S.A. Version has eucalyptus/camphor/menthol. Great clearing action when your are congested. Rumney’s export has eucalyptus/menthol / bergamot The descriptions are all over the place with the menthol content ,sounds like a lovely snuff. I would purchase it.

Having only tried 3 menthols, I’m also interested in the others recommendations! Of the three I’ve tried I would rank them: 1. Toque Blueberry Menthol 2. WoS Aniseed Extra 3. McC Original and Genuine I too love these menthol snuffs!!

@Pablo: For a tobaccofree strong menthol snuff try our Mentholin. Jaap Bes.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! So far on the list is; McC - O&G and highland. Hedges - L260. 6 Photo - Special. SG - SG extra menthol. Poschl - Ozona President. WoS - SM 500. Few questions though, Is the box that the 7g Ozona comes in ok? I’ve read that with dispenser boxes the snuff may arrive in less than great condition. Link here. http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php?mod=mancats&ns=Ozona&sec=394&man=189 Also can someone explain the differences between the WoS SM range? There seems to be quite a few to choose from. Ideally I would like one that is not to dry and not to fine. Thank you!!

Paul that turn tin should be ok, Poschl use oil in their snuff , wont dry out as fast like a water base snuff. Heck it is only 5 grams you will use that up in no time . As for the Sharrow Medicated; Try one every order you may find a favorite. Every nose is different What I like you may not. 6 Photo has three #6 ,#66 ,#666 to suit different taste. Loads of good medicated. if you like coffee flavor 6 Photo coffee kick, Poschl Grado caffe , Fubar Fugazi Menthol, De Kralingse Mentholin

I should add Gawith Apricot (which seems to be 90% menthol, 10% apricot) is quite good in tap box form. Good all day at work snuff.

Thanks @basement_shaman‌ will do. @El_presidente‌ Gawith I’ve not tried fruit snuff yet. Not sure I like the idea but as with most things, keep an open mind to proved.