Review - Railroad Mills Checkerberry Snuff

@The_HP‌ - Bi Lo grocery stores carry Checkerberry snuff here in Charleston.

I’m pretty sure they had at least a few of the other varieties you were looking for too. I’ll look and see. If you have a Bi Lo near by, it might be worth checking out.

I’m pretty sure they had at least a few of the other varieties you were looking for too. I’ll look and see. If you have a Bi Lo near by, it might be worth checking out.

The closest one to my home ( by their website ) is 88.3 miles away , just over the SC line.

Could that elusive scent be a faded Wintergreen? It’s been so long since I had any I’m having trouble with my olfactory memory.

It reminded me of A-535 sore muscle liniment.

Yep… Wintergreen is is!

The taste and scent is Teaberry like Beamans Gum ! Clark’s also made Teaberry gum ! Big in the 50s.

Every once in a while I’ll run across Teaberry gum in dollar store or some out of way place and snatch it up! :slight_smile:

For fellow members that may have an interest in Checkerberry, I may have some news. 

I recently wrote to Swisher International as I understand that Checkerberry was a Helme/RR Mills product. They responded that since my local grocer carries Swisher snuffs already, I need only have them order it for me. So, tomorrow, I am going to see the manager of the store and see if he or she can order it. If I can get them to order, I will offer to buy a case. If I can get a case, I will be happy to share with fellow snuff takers. 

4 Likes

@JosephJames you are a gentleman and a scholar !! =D>

1 Like

@JosephJames. Count me in for at least one tin. If I like it, I’d get another one.

2 Likes

Guys, i will do what I can. Maybe the fact that I have cleaned out their supply of Superior snuff will sway them to place the order :wink:

1 Like

They are probably more likely to order it for you, especially since you are willing to buy a case.

Just left the grocery store. Manager had me write down the snuff, my name and number. Hopefully he can get it. I bought $60 worth of railroad and navy while in there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice

Never heard from Food Lion. I bought a can from MrSnuff. It arrived today and I have to say my first scent association was Skoal. It’s not bad. It’s not going to be a favorite for me, but it is a good snuff for wintergreen fans.

1 Like

This snuff is so moist I might actually dry it out a bit. I got a new can around Jan 20, and it’s been my night time snuff. I have to use the flat end of my snuff spoon and shovel heaps into my nose, as it’s just too moist a snuff to pinch. Though with it being so moist it does pile very easily on the snuff spoon.

2 Likes

Now available at northerner.com:

https://www.northerner.com/eu/railroad-mills-checkerberry-nasal-snuff

2 Likes

Now this I gotta try

2 Likes

@baconpete Northerner ships to Canada.

2 Likes