Good find at the flea market today!

Found this little beauty today for only $3. I’m pretty sure it is suppose to be a snuff box however the person selling it admitted they weren’t sure and thought it was something to do with makeup. Even if that’s the case, I found that it works just fine and holds around 15 grams. In the picture you see it filled with Honey Bee snuff. There are absolutely no markings on it. Can anyone possibly confirm that this is suppose to be a snuffbox? Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Who cares? Sweet deal. If it works, it’s a snuff box. If not, it’s a $3 lesson. Nicely done.

Did you give it a good shake to see if it’s airtight? Nice find!

Did you give it a good shake to see if it’s airtight? Nice find!

Yep. Also, when I cleaned it out before filling it at one point I filled it with water and turned it upside down. I applied just enough pressure to keep the lid closed and no water seeped out!

Yep. Also, when I cleaned it out before filling it at one point I filled it with water and turned it upside down. I applied just enough pressure to keep the lid closed and no water seeped out!

Awesome. I keep an eye out when I’m at a flea market but haven’t found anything suitable yet.

Good find, congrats! I suspect that in its original use it may have been a pocket ashtray. The main thing is obviously that it works well as a snuffbox.

That is quite nice. Congrats on our hunting skill.

Sadly unless an item is clearly labeled as a snuff box or is a well known design it may be impossible for anyone to ‘confirm’ it is indeed a snuff-box. That said, if you find something that works and you like it- that’s all that matters. Nice find!