Review - Railroad Mills Checkerberry Snuff

I live in NC - and today picked up 9 more Scotches to bring my total to 13 - but I cannot find Checkerberry, Cherry, Strawberry or Dixie. Have not see Maccoboy - though if it is in Georgia I might can get my hands on some .

Cherry is good, but I never used the Strawberry or Dixie much. I recall that there was a user named @AANYCARDS who had found some Maccoboy in Atlanta–maybe he can direct you to a store. I think there must be a wholesaler in that area who has a bit of a stockpile.

Went ahead and ordered Cherry, Strawberry and Dixie from Mr Snuff … that elusive Checkerberry however remains on the watchlist …

@MrSnuff has been treatening to get a new supplier for American Scotches for a while :-/ Wild Cherry is a nice one (Actuall has a nice cherry scent with a hint of chocolate; I’m not a fan of Strawberry or Dixie personally, but they seem popular for dipping use. Checkerberry is not really like a typical scotch at all, seemingly out there on it’s own.

I did find an old old looking upopened can on ebay … on the fence if I want to get it or not before it is gone …

I think I’ve got a tub of Checkerberry with a few pinches out of it that I bought maybe 3 years ago; if you want it @The_HP pm me your address and I’ll send it to you (if I can find it).

@Mouse‌ that would be awesome . Is there anything you are looking for in the Scotch lines that I may have locally?

Hmmm… First off - thanks again to @Mouse‌ for hooking me up with the Checkerberry can. How to describe? Hmmm… I have seen “Pepto Bismal”-ish descriptions - and I think that is fair . Which may be telling because that made me want to try it more - to me Pepto taste like my favorite child hood candy - Canada Mints - a chalky , oddly minty candy I would get at the Rite Aide in 2 for $1 bags. I *think* it is probably faded from when fresh - the scent is more like a suggestion than anything pronounced - but I do like it. I think finding some fresh to seal up in vac bags might be a goal in the near future.

@The_HP‌ - Bi Lo grocery stores carry Checkerberry snuff here in Charleston.

I’m pretty sure they had at least a few of the other varieties you were looking for too. I’ll look and see. If you have a Bi Lo near by, it might be worth checking out.

I’m pretty sure they had at least a few of the other varieties you were looking for too. I’ll look and see. If you have a Bi Lo near by, it might be worth checking out.

The closest one to my home ( by their website ) is 88.3 miles away , just over the SC line.

Could that elusive scent be a faded Wintergreen? It’s been so long since I had any I’m having trouble with my olfactory memory.

It reminded me of A-535 sore muscle liniment.

Yep… Wintergreen is is!

The taste and scent is Teaberry like Beamans Gum ! Clark’s also made Teaberry gum ! Big in the 50s.

Every once in a while I’ll run across Teaberry gum in dollar store or some out of way place and snatch it up! :slight_smile:

For fellow members that may have an interest in Checkerberry, I may have some news. 

I recently wrote to Swisher International as I understand that Checkerberry was a Helme/RR Mills product. They responded that since my local grocer carries Swisher snuffs already, I need only have them order it for me. So, tomorrow, I am going to see the manager of the store and see if he or she can order it. If I can get them to order, I will offer to buy a case. If I can get a case, I will be happy to share with fellow snuff takers. 

4 Likes

@JosephJames you are a gentleman and a scholar !! =D>

1 Like

@JosephJames. Count me in for at least one tin. If I like it, I’d get another one.

2 Likes

Guys, i will do what I can. Maybe the fact that I have cleaned out their supply of Superior snuff will sway them to place the order :wink:

1 Like