Looking for suggestions re: Bulk Schmalzlers

So I’m tweaking my Mr. Snuff order and I want to pick up a bulk 100g or two bags of schmalzler. I love many of the traditional offerings from Bernards, but want bulk supply. Since I cant get that, I was thinking one from Sternecker and another from Poschl. I like my schmalzlers with a sweet, raisin/plum/date, slightly chocolate, fermented tobacco flavor. As such, what are your thoughts on the Sternecker Staubinger and Poschl D Doppelaroma? Any other suggestions?

I have the Sternecker Staubinger & Sternecker Echt Fresco both are very good and more of a fermented tobacco flavor then fruity or sweet. Quite a fine grind for schmalsers. The Poschl Schmalzler D Doppelaroma is super sweet and tasty. A Stenecker and the D Doppelaroma would be good contrasts. Both Sterneckers seem similar to me, the Staubinger is a little more smoky. The Poschl Schmalzler A is a classic schmalzler not unlike Bernard Aecht Alt or Bernard Brasil Doppelt Fermentiert. The Mr.Snuff Schmalzler Bundle is a good way to go.

@XkotToxsik‌ Thanks so much. I rather like the Aecht Alt, so might switch to the Poschl A. But a sweet contrast such as the D sound appetizing. I couldn’t decide on the Echt Fresco or Staubinger, but something with a bit of a smoky flavor (I do like smokey having started on and continue to enjoy scotches) makes me think you are correct in having Staubinger as a nice contrast.

mmmm. Right after I sent you that post I checked my mailbox and found I had a 100g of Poschl Schmalzler Perlereuter waiting for me! its sooo good! I think its flavor is a toffee/butter scotch kind of thing. Not to make your choice more difficult but, yum. You should get D Doppelaroma, Staubinger & Perlereuter. You wont be disappointed.

Poschl Schmalzler Perlereuter, Bernard Gekachelter Virginie & Sternecker Staubinger all three very good and very different.

Take them all, they are all very good and there are not so many of them. Plus, very affordable prices.

do schmalzers cause a lot on nose runnage?

In my experience yes on the runny nose, but nothing too extreme that a little dab from a handkerchief couldn’t handle.

well i work in a restauraunt iat it gets really aggrivating to wipe my nose every few minutes. is there a type that causes the least amount of drippage

@jeffcraft1‌ I would reserve the use of schmalzlers until after work. Best enjoyed when messiness is not a problem.

I was also thinking of getting 100g of Sternecker. How should I store it after opening? From the looks of the pictures of MrSnuff, it appears that it comes in a paper bag or box which doesn’t seem good for long time storage…

Just ordered 100g of Poschl Schmalzler Perlereuter as part of a small order, looking forward to it!

Sternecker comes in a waxed paper bag similar to the bags sweets came in when I was a small kid, thus not suitable for storage. In the best case scenario you have one of those stopper with a feather topped ceramic bottles with a pastorial scene of 19th century Bavarian life on it that you tie to your belt and carry everywhere but in reality 8oz canning jar with vacuum lid that you keep in a dark cool place works best.