What's your favourite Toque?

@SkeG I get a little sweetness from the original W&H and I think it is great in its own right. The USA one though has a really pronounced honey flavor especially when the tin is first opened. I noticed that if I leave it in my snuff box for a couple days it mellows into something very special and it turns a good bit darker in shade too.

The USA version seems to climb higher in this thread. Have to test it in some uncertain future then.

@SkeG‌ I agree, I will order a few of the USA versions, so what’s the main difference in the USA vs non USA versions anyway ?

My Toque favorites that I’ve had thus far in no particular order: Christmas Pudding Coltsfoot Spanish Gem Camphor & Clove is a close runner up to the above.

So far I’ve never met a toque I didn’t like, I’m taking it as a personal mission to work my way through their line of snuffs.

Spanish Gem(no small feat as I don’t care for scented snuffs much) followed by Natural Toast and Quit.

UK: Whiskey & Honey USA: Kentucky Bourbon UK: Grapefruit UK: Cheese & Bacon UK: Almond Toast

Spanish gem, by a long way. I am very partial to the Christmas pudding, as well; I’ve been meaning to get it in bulk, along with a few others that I haven’t tried.

Quit Spanish Gem SP Extra

I’m going to add Violet. It’s totally not the sort of snuff I usually like, but it’s great. I always feel sad for it when Roderick threatens to eliminate the florals, as he does from time to time.

My favourite Toque is my favourite snuff - Berwick Brown There are a few Toque snuffs I always want to have to hand. Toffee, Pomegranate, Vanilla, and Blueberry are always nice to have for the occasional pinch, but it’s BB that I keep coming back to. I do have a few hundred grams of Plain Coarse tucked away too, which I use as the foundation for mixers to tone down snuffs that are a little too heavily scented

2 Likes

Almond Toast 

1 Like

Lime Toast and Apricot UK.

I think it’s a toss up between Original and Best SP for me

1 Like

But they’re all good for different occasions

1 Like

Berwick Brown

2 Likes

I am surprised no one picked Black Truffle . I have yet to try it myself. Anyone want to send me a gram? 

Apart from the obvious rustica which is so sublime it shouldn’t be compared to anything else… the utterly awesome camphor and clove, and ginger are my tops. But the 18 others I’ve got are pretty damn good, too.

My one top Toque is Spanish Gem Almond Toast Natural Whiskey&Honey Natural Toast. In season I’d include Xmas Pudding Pumpkin Pie. Berwick Brown Quit gets honorable mention, along with Original Lime Toast. I like others, too, but that’s my one most favorite Toque. There are still some that interest me that are coming my way as soon as possible. I didn’t know there is a Ginger.

1 Like

I use USA Whiskey & Honey the most, but I also really like USA Lime, Lime Toast, Almond Toast, Natural Toast, Raspberry, and Fig & Juniper.  The only one I really don’t like is USA Spearmint… unlike other spearmint snuffs, this one reminds me of Skoal Spearmint.   

1 Like

My current Toque collection consists of:
Almond Toast
Quit
Toffee
Peanut Butter
Chocolate
Vanilla

The peanut butter is probably my favorite of all, but I have to say the vanilla is just sublime.  The sweet flavored snuffs are great for me, because I have diabetes and they pretty much quench my desire to indulge in actual desserts!

1 Like