What's your favourite Toque?

Spanish Gem, Whisky & Honey, Xmas Pudding, SP Extra.

Yep, they’re good. Not tried the SP, but its going on the list.

Pomegranate is the best for me , followed shortly after by Apricot and Quit. However I´ve only tried half of their entire range…

Also Peach is just damn delicious =P~

Until Roderick comes 'round with Liver & Onions to match up Cheese & Bacon, I’ll go with Spanish Gem, St. Clements and my #1 is Natural Toast. I’ve yet to have a bad Toque, they are all very good and well crafted from good tobacco. Some suit for different times, but I have them all in 50 ml mini bottles all over the house. Love the One You’re With.

1 Like

It is hard for me to pick a favorite Toque snuff. ATM the USA W&H, Natural Toast, Spanish Gem, and Camphor& Clove are in the heavy rotation. The new USA line is outstanding! Plus the Rustica has become a staple for mixing. The other limited edition that I loved was the Pumpkin Pie. Really out of all the Toque snuffs there are only two that I won’t buy again, Cheese and Bacon and Absinthe. They are just a bit too much flavor wise and not to my taste. I guess at this very moment I could say that the USA Whiskey and Honey is my favorite but some other may fill that spot tomorrow. For any new snuffers I think Spanish Gem, Quit, Natural Toast, and SP Extra are the must tries though.

You asked so here we go… Spanish Gem USA Whiskey & Honey USA Black Cherry Berwick Brown Quit Pomegranate Peach And I like many more but those are my favorites.

Is there a difference between USA Whiskey and Honey and Whiskey and Honey? There doesn’t seem to be on Mr. Snuff webpage… Just wondering

Is there a difference between USA Whiskey and Honey and Whiskey and Honey? There doesn’t seem to be on Mr. Snuff webpage… Just wondering

Yes. The USA version had Rustica in it and the flavoring is a bit different too. It seems a little sweeter to me.

Thanks @willc. My non-USA Whiskey and Honey is not sweet at all and I am wondering where the honey comes from :slight_smile:

@SkeG I get a little sweetness from the original W&H and I think it is great in its own right. The USA one though has a really pronounced honey flavor especially when the tin is first opened. I noticed that if I leave it in my snuff box for a couple days it mellows into something very special and it turns a good bit darker in shade too.

The USA version seems to climb higher in this thread. Have to test it in some uncertain future then.

@SkeG‌ I agree, I will order a few of the USA versions, so what’s the main difference in the USA vs non USA versions anyway ?

My Toque favorites that I’ve had thus far in no particular order: Christmas Pudding Coltsfoot Spanish Gem Camphor & Clove is a close runner up to the above.

So far I’ve never met a toque I didn’t like, I’m taking it as a personal mission to work my way through their line of snuffs.

Spanish Gem(no small feat as I don’t care for scented snuffs much) followed by Natural Toast and Quit.

UK: Whiskey & Honey USA: Kentucky Bourbon UK: Grapefruit UK: Cheese & Bacon UK: Almond Toast

Spanish gem, by a long way. I am very partial to the Christmas pudding, as well; I’ve been meaning to get it in bulk, along with a few others that I haven’t tried.

Quit Spanish Gem SP Extra

I’m going to add Violet. It’s totally not the sort of snuff I usually like, but it’s great. I always feel sad for it when Roderick threatens to eliminate the florals, as he does from time to time.

My favourite Toque is my favourite snuff - Berwick Brown There are a few Toque snuffs I always want to have to hand. Toffee, Pomegranate, Vanilla, and Blueberry are always nice to have for the occasional pinch, but it’s BB that I keep coming back to. I do have a few hundred grams of Plain Coarse tucked away too, which I use as the foundation for mixers to tone down snuffs that are a little too heavily scented

2 Likes

Almond Toast 

1 Like