Snuffstore's Own are back

@distaind great catch. Yes that is an error.

@MrSnuff That was a quick fix. I would like to let you know that, snuff store is not in the British drop down menu.

@Igglet‌ another good catch. I will let Pat know

@Igglet‌ all sorted. Thanks again for pointing it out.

No problem. I’m still impressed with the speed.

Now the Snuff Reviews website is back up again, any plans to put them there so we can review them? I did review Cafe Noir at Snuffstore, mine’s the one at the top one at the moment. Got two tins of SG Black Coffee in the fridge at the mo, but I might get one of Cafe Noir to seee how different it is. I’ve just poured the last of my Attar of Roses into the remains of my Hollandse Bolongaro to make it last a bit longer, so it’s good to see that one back! What’s Golden Pinch like, then?

@HR_pufnsnuff‌ I wrote to Frank at snuffreviews.com and asked him to put the SnuffStore snuffs up for people to review. I have not heard back and indeed my first email to his admin address was kicked back. Is Frank still on the forum does anybody know?

His last login here was August 2013. I’ve had email contact with him, but not in awhile.

Any reviews? I am keen to hear what you guys think?

I just received my order with Golden Pinch. What a wonderful snuff! Fresh and fluffy, slightly moist with a delicious aroma. I can’t wait to try the other offerings from this maker. I am impressed with this snuff and I am sure it will develop quite a following.

The reviews for Black Magic seem to be for Snuffstore’s old Liqourice snuff - are they correct for this snuff? If so I’ll be trying it, I missed out last time!

Cafe Noire is wonderful. I really like SG Black Coffee and this one is similar, but has just a little more sweetness to my nose, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I’m glad I got two tins.

Just tried Golden Pinch today for the first time. What an excellent snuff! I shall have to try the others from Snuffstore. Does anyone know if they are made by S.Gawith? The GC is just a wonderful, fragrant, delicious snuff. From what everyone is saying, they all are very good.

I just tried generous samples of both SG Black Coffee and SS Cafe Noir side by side. Both are excellent examples of approachable, all day, every day coffee snuffs, saving the Abraxas Cafe 11 for very special occasions. Personally, I find a hint of very good vanilla in the Cafe Noir lending to a sweet note, while the Black Coffee is just that: Coffee, Black. Nary a hint of sweetness to be found. Not interchangeable, but I have both within easy reach and will continue to buy both.

I enjoy the Cafe Noir, I have yet to try Cafe 11. I have a small box with a Cafe Noir / Vanilla mix which goes well together

@mrmanos they are (or were) made by Sam Gawith. The Golden Pinch which you enjoy so much is named as an homage to G. Smith’s Golden Cardinal (also contract made by S. Gawith). Actually its more than homage, its the same snuff. SG label the same snuff “Bouquet” for their own brand. There have been periods when GH was the contract maker for Smith’s, but the versions I have tried were SG. The former Smith’s snuffs are now distributed by Mullins and Westley with new names, and in GH tubs. Someone else can tell you the current name for Golden Cardinal, since most of the names changed when M&W took over the distribution of the Smith’s blends. Anyway, that’s four names for one snuff.

@Xander‌ Correct on GH occasionally making G Smith’s. My last few tubs of Cafe Royal I had shipped in the late 90’s were in plastic tubs identical to GH. Not as good as the SG version; not as intense coffee scent, drier and lacked the layers of liqueur, vanilla and mystery scent that made the glass pots of G Smith much better~contents and packaging. My first visit to Charing Cross Road was an event; they had snuff in bulk jars you could sample before buying. The half kilo I bought before leaving came in a plastic bag inside a cardboard tube for easy transport. I did snag a few dozen jars too.

@xander; Thanks for the explanation. Funny thing is I have some Bouquet, rather old, but still nice, and the GP is much lighter in color, as if the base tobaccos are different. The Bouquet is a solid, dark brown, the GP is yellowish, and the scent is much brighter, perhaps due to it being very fresh.I like it more than the SG. Side note, I lived in Scotland many, many years ago, and did visit G. Smith shop in London once. Bought a number of small 10 or 15 gm glass jars of snuff. For some odd reason, the carnation snuff left a lasting impression on my young nose. I’ve been trying to re-capture that scent, trying most of the other maker’s carnation snuffs. None compare to the Smith’s. I also remember Rattray’s Tobacco Shop in Perth, I lived nearby, and they carried the Smith’s snuff. I had the empty little glass jars for many years. Sadly, they disappeared somewhere in my life journeys.

Yeah, I have a glass jar of their Lemon from back in the 90s. My nose tells me its a GH blend as its similar to the GH Dry Orange. I suspect that GC has varied a bit over the years due to Smith’s going back and forth between Gawiths. Try the GH Carnation. Its a nice enough snuff and probably the same as Smith’s former one, or close to it.

Probably been posted before but worth re-posting: http://legacy.library.ucsf.edu/documentStore/f/h/h/fhh32f00/Sfhh32f00.pdf Does anyone here remember Dunhill Snuff? I used to buy it at their store in San Francisco. One ounce, square, cork finished clear glass jars. The Jasmine was good, Carnation and Rose so-so, they also had one that seemed to be MM965 ground into snuff. Can’t recall the name of it, but it was pretty good; nice smoky note with some sweet layers, otherwise good plain tobacco. They also sold F&T and G. Smith, but availability on those was spotty at best. Too expensive for me as an everyday, so Rumney’s and Dean Swift were my go-to brands.

I’m after a little bit of advice. The Snuffstore snuffs I’ve tried that I expected to be dry (SP, Strong menthol) are actually quite moist and not, especially with the SP, what I was expecting from that point of view. Is this how they should be? Should I open the tins and let them dry out? If so, how long should I leave them open for? Any advice or comments appreciated.