Noobie Looking For A STRONG Menthol/Mint Snuff.

looks like FUBAR SNAFU menthol should do it, I haven’t tried it yet but is sounds like the hardest kicking menthol on the market.

No problemo! To me half the fun is in the experimenting, especially when you start hitting upon some real bell-ringers.

I miss the original dr. Rumney’s, as uneven as its grind was and regardless of its poor packaging. It was my very first nasal snuff at age 18, when one could still find nasal snuff at tobacconists in my State. Sadly, Rumney’s Original has moved to South Africa, and all the tobacconists here in the U.S. have stopped selling nasal snuff? I love Red Bull for pure kick. It was also one of my first snuffs, and while it damn near killed me with my first whiff, it’s still a “go-to” snuff when I have nasal congestion or need that punch-in-the-face menthol kick.

No. The South African one is an imitation, and other than the name it doesn’t imitate very well. There are dozens of English Menthols out there, WoS has 9, McChrystals have 5 or 6, GH have 3, Touqe has one or two… Hedges, J&H Wilson one each… Then there are the German “English Menthols” like Red Bull, Mac Craig, Mac Cartney, Radford (2)…I think the list is endless.

Try our new super medicated no,666,it has tons of menthol

@Oregon seriously you have to try the 6 Photo new medicated no.666 IT IS STRONG! Yep, super strong. Get some.

666 is fantastic! All the menthol, plus some mystical Indian scents.

Yeah 6photo no.666 is a prize winner in the menthol department. I haven’t tried hedges yet so i can’t compare but wholly molly. i gotta take miniscule pinches of the no.666. Not a big menthol guy either hated newports lol. It’s a good snuff I just don’t use it often. Would even consider trading my other 30g unopened tin. I think it’s 30g without draggin my lazy @$$ off the couch to look. Who knows good luck on the menthol hunt, much mintiness to you.

For pure menthol, for me it’s Hedges L260. But if you want the top of your head blown off, WoS SM Blue and McCrystal’s Highland Ice are menthol with plenty of camphor added. Watch Uncle Squinty’s YouTube review of the Highland Ice. He takes his usual size pinch of it, and is rendered incapable of speech for a second. Then says “wow” and takes another pinch.

It’s not “blow your head off” level of menthol, but Poschl’s Gletscherprise is well worth trying. Nice menthol hit, and very easy to take as a new snuffer. It doesn’t get a ton of attention around here, but it’s one of the more popular snuffs in terms of sales, and for $4 it is definitely worth trying.

I agree with BarkingLeopard regarding Poschls - a nice snuff indeed. When I returned to snuff this was one of the first ones I got my hands on. Because snuff isn’t widely used in my part of Japan I had only a few in-store options. While I have since moved onto original (unscented) and a few scented varieties from Toque, I like Poschl and the medium mentholated touch.

McC Sturco is more “menthol” than Highland Ice, and it’s real nice.

You might want to sample the various snuffs that contain camphor. You can get solid camphor from your local pharmacy. Put a chunk into some snuff and leave it there until the snuff is strong enough to suit your own personal taste.

Wilson’s of Sharrow Dynamite. That’s all I need to say.

My favourite’s are 6 Photo 666, Hedges L.260 and McChrystals Highland Ice. I haven’t tried Wilson’s of Sharrow Dynamite yet, but its def on my list to try!

Dynamite is the strongest medicated snuff I’ve ever had. Start off with small pinches. After you adjust to it other medicated snuffs seem to have no menthol in them.

2 year old thread?

yeah, I need @Dogwalla to design a necromancer badge so I can award it to @mrmanos. Anyway, I prefer old threads to get reused than to start new ones.

i agree on the reusing part, but its threads advising long gone members and repeating whats already been said that begins to annoy me a little.

Yes, they may be gone. Its sad. But new members join every day and the top postings they see are the ones we keep active. So a new member’s unasked question may be the same as a newbie’s asked one from two years ago. Try not to get annoyed and roll with it :slight_smile: