TRY FREDERICK TRANTER SNUFFS !!!

Dear snuff fellows : I just received 3 days ago some snuffs from Cigars&Connoisseurs ( www.cigar-connoisseur.co.uk ).Excellent!!!..and a cheap and good delivery service (3.50 Pounds, and I received the parcel 3 days later than I bought ). I bought : Irish High Toast, Light Toast , Dr Johnsonā€™s , Finisterre, Jockey Club, Regency, 29 Special, Gold Label and Princes. All of them are from Frederick Tranter. (I think are the same types than J&H Wilsons). I think these snuffs are the old and vintage type. A fine grinding texture, full flavour, fully fresh, dry or medium moist. They have a long and complete offer at their online shop. And now I recomend to you try and put your comments here for our discussion pleasure. I just tried a big pinch of Regency, Plain Flavouring, dark brown, medium moistā€¦a bit strong, but soft to the noseā€¦smell remains for a longā€¦excellent!!! And what do you say about ā€œDoctor Johnsonā€ ? If you like snuff with some soft floral flavouringā€¦try ā€œFinisterreā€ā€¦(Geraniumā€¦but better than F&T Morocco) And they have a Dry High Toast called Irish High Toast that is very similar than F&T same HDT. Well I will continue in a new topicā€¦and wait for your comments. Yours, Pedro MacĆ­as

I did not try Tranterā€™s snuffs yet, but some Wilsons. I can only agree that some of the flavours are really nice and have a great variety. Thanks for letting us know. I might think about adding some Tranters to my shopping list.

Hi there I just found this site and am a complete newbie here, but have been significantly snuffing for over 20 years, not that itā€™s easy to acquire in Australia. I ordered a a dozen mixed tins of Frederick Tranter as a Christmas present to myself last year, Iā€™d never heard of them before and thought itā€™d be worth a try. Iā€™m seriously impressed with Regency, in fact itā€™s been my chief flavour for the last few months- I also am developing a fondness for Finisterre and Citrus. Of the rest, they are all a bit ā€˜fluffyā€™ for my taste. remind me of Wilsonā€™s Vanilla ā€¦ lacking in personality. One problem was that two of the tins I ordered, Beau Nashe and Brunswick were spoiled on arrival, the tins were all rusted and the snuff useless- either they wereold stock, or they got wet in transit. Love the site ā€¦ keep snuffinā€™ Thoth

Hi Toth, I agree with you about Regencyā€¦is great. try when you can, from Tranter, Irish Dry Toast( High and Light, try both of them). You can find this types at the DRY section of snuffs. I think they are the vintage snuff, i want to tell is a pure snuff in the former manner to make it. (excuse my English, I am a Spaniard). Yours, Pedro Macias

Welcome aboard Toth. Glad you found your way here!

Iā€™ve been waiting for a month for my order of Frederick Tranters and after repeated emails still havenā€™t received it, hope they are worth the wait if they ever show up.

Hi Walrus, my experience was very different, they shipped to me on June, 21, and I received the parcel on June, 25.(From UK to Spain, and using standard shipping- 3.50 Pounds). Pedro

Iā€™m in the u.k, Iā€™ve given up waiting. I donā€™t know if itā€™s anything to do with the postal strikes, but I ordered on the 12th June, itā€™s definately pushing it a bit.

Lol @ Roderick I may as well be in Australia I would have got it by now! :slight_smile: Iā€™m only 150 miles from where they are based, I could have walked there and back quicker lol

Yay! Result! After another email they have decided to send my order from Bath rather than Suffolk. Hope they have been worth the wait. Agreed Roderick, curteousness does go a long way and after repeatedly ignored emails Iā€™ve finally received some. Maybe Iā€™m a one off, but it hasnā€™t been a good experience so far. Iā€™m going to order some Toque, it sounds interesting.

My order arrived this morning safe and sound. I ordered the Citrus and Country Doctor snuffs. The Citrus is very delicate, but very refreshing flavour, the Country Doctor has a very strong liqourice/aniseed menthol flavour, very pleasent. After much complaining I can quite happily say they have been well worth the wait.

Citrus sounds great, especially for the summer time.