Where Can I Buy Snuff? On Vacation? Traveling? In My Town?

The Wellington pub, Bennett’s Hill, Birmingham (UK) sells snuff from behind the bar. Haven’t been there myself but have had this reliably reported from several sources. Apparently they have quite a variety. I’ve now simply got to go to check it out myself! Thinking about it, this might be the ideal venue for any members on here who are from the West Midlands to get together for beer n snuff if they fancy doing so. Dead central location in Brum city centre anyway, for anyone who’s passing and wants to check it out.

Can get it from two shops in darlington one a papershop sells hedges and J&H medicated and a tobacconist has a number to choose from (WoS, samual gawith, McChrystals, hedges) and the flavours change too

I am on an extended trip to Guayaquil, Ecuador , and my shipment from Mr. Snuff has run into a customs issue. I am about to run out of tobacco. Does anyone know of a shop that might sell snuff in the city? Thank you!

Has anybody found Snuff locally in MN? I know of one B&M that carries some random snuff on occasion, but I’m looking specifically for Scotch Snuffs.

1 Like

In Springfield Illinois I have found (recently) mostly the W.E. Garret Scotch and The W.E. Garret sweet. I used to be able to get more from the local head shop (German snuffs) before PACT. Right now the wife and I are in Terre Haute, Indiana and I have been looking for snuff I cant find around home. I have found some Bruton Scotch and Tube Rose as well as the W.E. Garret Scotch and the W.E. Garret Sweet. They had a HUGE tube of the regular W.E. Garret at one store, larger than I had ever seen. Also A cigar shop had ALL the new Toque USA flavors and Silver Dollar (SCORE!) Snagged me some wild berry, rum & cola and kentucky burban! also found out that when fresh, Tube Rose is one of my favorites! (the first can I got was all metal and didn’t seem right)

@agentshags awesome find with the Toque USA and Silver Dollar! Those are very, very hard to find. Tube Rose is one of my favorites as well.

Does anyone know if one can buy snuff oraz snuff-related stuff on Weihnachtsmarkt in Berlin?

Here you can buy snuff in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.684013,27.709814&ll=42.671298,27.707069&spn=0.003333,0.004823&num=1&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=42.671084,27.707086&panoid=yLCPs8y82tjlaOVCex5bjg&cbp=12,132.22,,0,-5.84 As I remember: Gletscher Prise - 15 lev Gawith Apricot - 15 lev Ozona Cherry - 15 lev Ozona Raspberry (5g) - 10 lev Prices were something like that. I was suprised when I realised they are imported from Poland. :slight_smile: But it is the only shop with snuff I have found in that neighbourhood. No snuff in Nessebar. No snuff in city. In Barcelona and Lloret de Mar you can buy snuff in Tabacs, but not in everyone. I’ve seen snuff in two Tabacs/fifteen visited. And it was only Lowen Prise and Red Bull (around 4 euro)

Does anyone know if one can buy snuff oraz snuff-related stuff on Weihnachtsmarkt in Berlin?

Or just in Berlin, despite Poschles.

At work someone left a newspaper advertisement for a place called “Quality Tobacco Mart” in Albermarle NC. The address is: Quality Tobacco Mart 1409 E. Main St. Albermarle, NC 28001 They advertise that they have “All Tobacco and Dry Snuff!”. I am going to check them out soon, although they probably only have american snuff, but you never know.

Some of the low-rent discount tobacco shops near the border in northeastern Pennsylvania (Stroudsburg area) carry a few Garrett snuffs and a tin or two of Silver Dollar if you’re really lucky, but nothing really worth going out of your way for, and I haven’t been up that way for a while, so I can’t remember the specific shops. Shops just over the border in low tobacco-tax states that border high tobacco-tax states might be worth checking out in general, as they do a lot of volume. I make it a habit to stop by almost every tobacco/head shop I see when traveling to ask about snuff and see if they have anything else worth buying. Never know when I’ll come across a shop with some snuff, or find some cigars that the proprietor has forgotten about for a few years and is happy to get rid of for a song.

*WARNING* If you plan to travel in Greece make sure that you have purchase the necessary tins from your country or internet, reason that in Greece you can find only in Athens in few places and again not recommended due to high temperatures and Snuff companies high limitation (only Bernard and McC)

Where I live in the Florida panhandle we had a Piggly Wiggly open up a few months ago. When I went in there I saw that they had a decent selection of American scotches. Tube Rose, Honey Bee, Navy, and about five others that I can’t remember. I looked it up and apparently most Piggly Wiggly’s around the country sell scotches. For any of you chewers out there, they also have (at least in my case) some harder to find brands of chew.

Can get it from two shops in darlington one a papershop sells hedges and J&H medicated and a tobacconist has a number to choose from (WoS, samual gawith, McChrystals, hedges) and the flavours change too

Hi @sebo Would love the name/location of that tobacconist at Darlo. I get over there and would like to go in and purchase. Thanks in advance.

I saw President at a Tabac in central Fouesnant (Brittany, France), Closer to home KESWICK just at the bottom of the main pedestrianized area with GH and others. KENDAL. Aierys OF Kendal. WoS and GH I got some WoS Aniseed extra - nice and fresh. Oddly no Samuel Gawith and I was in the town that makes it!!

In Hungary in Tiszakécske on Szent Imre tér there is a tobacconist which sells Gletcher Pris and a couple of other poschls, how long this will last though is hard to say but there are a number of tourists in the area during summer. The tiny little old real tobacconist in Liege Belgium has some McChristals and one or two other brands. The tobacconist near the square in Arlon Belgium has Dr. Rumney’s and used to have Makla (possibly still does) Aachen in Germany has a fine tobacconist which also has a variety of snuff and some chewing tobacco - but then you can pick snuff up in any news agent/tobacconist in Germany. Vienna West Bahnhoff in Austria has snuff and a variety of Makla In Luxembourg the tobacco/booze shop on the corner or Ave Monterey and Blvd Royal opposite the post office and bus station has two or three brands of snuff and a couple of other tobacconists in town also carry one or two. Also the tobacconist on Ave de la liberte (I think) not far from the station has maybe 5 or 6 varieties and some nice pipes.

Hi @sebo Would love the name/location of that tobacconist at Darlo. I get over there and would like to go in and purchase. Thanks in advance.

Hi @hoffwell its post house news down post house wynd that goes from high row to skinnergate sorry for the late reply not been on for a while

Thanks @sebo

I have a bit of time in my hands now (I’m “between opportunities”) so I decided to start a public spreadsheet for local vendors of the World. The address is: http://goo.gl/IUyqoY (see the tabs for different regions of the World on the bottom of the document) It’s currently in a read-only mode so it won’t get vandalized. I will gladly share editing rights with people here who are willing to contribute. I can also add new vendors myself if you can list the shop’s name, address and the snuff variety available. Post the info here or mail me directly to snuffvendorsofheworld@gmail.com Cheers!

@Jari_T‌ Davids Fine Tobacco in Clive, Iowa has some Poschl. I have bought Apline, Snuffy Weiss, and Poschl Gletscherprise. there is more than that but, I wasn’t looking around much at the time.