Do you remember your first Snuff experience

@bob Are you saying you stole @ad_noseum girl and now you want to return her because she is really fat? (laughing, please laugh with me)

I was about 16 and had some dried out rolling tobacco my dad had gotten from a tobacconist. Pretty sure it was primarily Virginia tobacco. I ground it up and sniffed it out of curiosity and loved the effect, much more stimulating than smoking. A couple of years later I got into ordering snus on the internet and that got me into snuff.

Wassat got to do w/ my really fat girlfriend that Bob stole?

hey it was a trade and don’t pretend it wasn’t

This place will make me laugh every day :smiley:

Had my first snuff in my bedroom by myself, fortunely. I couldnt stop sneezing and coughing. Indian was not the best first choice…

I did a pinch of O&G and snorted it as hard as I could. Needless to say, I sneezed like crazy and didn’t see the appeal.

I was 19 and a few of my cigar buddies thought we would give it a try. It was Garrett Scotch and we all hit it at the same time and all took it way to hard. After 30 minutes of coughing and sneezing and making sure the back of our skulls were still attached we tossed the can out.

First snuff I remember was a good sniff of Gletscher prise at age of 15- it was souvenir from Germany, just before a soccer match in summer 1978, and it was absolutely great like any tobacco product I have ever tried.

It was around 2005-2006 either me or a friend at work came across snuff online and he ordered a variety of different ones. Once we got them I remember doing small amounts and snorting it hard. We enjoyed it but I think because the amount each time was so small we didn’t really feel an effect and eventually stopped doing it.

Grade school…yes 5th or 6th grade believe it or not. A friend got into his grandpops stash and brought a few tins[have no recollection of what brand or flavors]to school with him.We snuffed in the bathrooms a few times and then we got rather gutsy and started doing it[discretely]at our desks…that was until we got caught after a few days.Soon after I began smoking cigarettes and never gave snuff a second thought until just recently[Im in my early 40s now]I quit smokes a few years ago with the help of dip,like Copenhagen and Stokers.Unfortunately the dip has begun to damage my gums,mostly the dentist says I need a deep cleaning and to get off the dip and all will be fine. Well me being one who doesnt give up easily on something I love dearly[like nicotine]I couldnt help but think back fondly to those first few times snuffing…and well,here I am shopping daily on MrSnuff,checking in daily to SnuffHouse and I have almost cut out the dip entirely.

No, it was 1971. I do remember offering some to my cousin and he got loud and told my father I had drugs. I tried to explain but got whipped any how. It was manufactured in france but the tin was from Phila pa. The label said coke snuff. I don’t recall the scent but when I tried Poschl Snuffy Weiss it triggered this memory. They sold Levi garrett in the pharmacy on the regular shelf with chewing tobacco, rolling tobacco and pipe tobacco , I was a fan of redman loose leaf at that time and started with cigarettes to hide the smell of the maryjane of the times.

It was those little blue tins of J&H Wilson’s snuff that used to be in all newsagents back in the 1970’s. Tried SPNo.1, and I loved it straight away. Same with the Medicated No. 99 and then Top Mill. I must’ve been using tiny pinches though (back of the hand in those days) as I can’t usually take any mentholated snuff, and don’t remember even ending up with brown hankerchiefs. I was in my teens, and mum and dad were ok with it, mum even said if it helped my breathing then it was a good thing.

if basements_shamens coke snuff experience counts then I recant and state pixie sticks oh pixie sticks.

I love pixie sticks too! As a matter of fact, I was thinking of one project that the snuff smells like “Cotton Candy”

if basements_shamens coke snuff experience counts then I recant and state pixie sticks oh pixie sticks.

at tech school I was chopping up some pixie stick at the lunch table ,some dummy’s had bugged me for a line and came back with a jackson for a more. pixie dust. I think it was lime flavored. Oh youth is wasted on the young

Yes, it was a painful huge pinch of toque quit. It was glorious.

Walked in to my local Smoker’s Haven for some pipe tobacco and decided to ask them if they had any snuff which I had read about for years in old books and had recently discovered was still being manufactured. They only had three or four kinds. In my ignorance I passed up the two or three kinds of 10g tins of Toque for the 35g tube of Dental Sweet (figured I’d get more for my money). Soon as I got home I opened it and took a whiff…wonderful smokey scent, golden brown. I took a very small pinch very hesitantly, not knowing what to expect. HALLELUJAH! I was in love with snuff immediately. I still love Dental Sweet and other American scotches but I wish I had tried Toque sooner because it quickly became my standard go to brand.

My first encounter was W.E. Garrett Sweet.

16, my smoker friends gave me some Apricot snuff. Didn’t like it. It took 10 years for me to try it again and it has been love ever since.