Fribourg and Treyer

I’m loving F&T old Paris at the moment. Just arrived and can’t get enough…I’ve just ordered F&T Dr J R Justice, anybody tried it at all? Need a review as it was an impulse buy.

go slow with the old paris. It’s scent changes noticably yet only slightily over time. It’s an interesting snuff for sure.

@bob thanks for the heads up. I’m relatively new to snuffing so tend to get a bit carried away! :slight_smile:

Seems to me the Old Paris is the least scented F & T, other than the HDT, and probably the most soothing.

OP still in my top five list

@Mr_O I wouldn’t even call it a scent, more like a ghost scent. I tend not to notice its flavoring until I get some sort of a drip. In the tin the smell is quite strong, still. Much less scented than HDT, but different too. Ages really well.

I pick up on subtle notes/qualities in it. What I’ve been led to believe is that the HDT has zero scents added.

In addition to HDT that is totally natural, which do you think is the F&T suff less aromatic? less flavored? Coul be the Morocco? I did not tried it yet…

Along with GH Kendal Brown and SG Elmo’s Reserve, F&T Santo Domingo and Princes are IMO the very best snuffs that aren’t South African in the whole of existence.

@oldbigwagon if you’re talking less scented as in less scent components, then Morocco might be the second least scented since it’s only got that typical F&T Geranium. But if you mean overall 2nd less scented I don’t think so.

I agree with Cakeanddottle about F&T. Santo Domingo is just awesome with a strong nicotine kick. I haven’t tried their HDT, but Santo Domingo is incredible. I tried OP, which I like alot, but Santo Domingo is outstanding!

i have tried 11 of 15 F&T snuffs excluding patchuli broue kendal and princess. All of them are wonderfull but the less i like are s.domingo and old paris.

I hate the doctor one. Not cause of the smell but cause it makes my nose angery.

The ones that do it for me are Old Paris, Princes Special, HDT and Seville. I like all the others but those 4 I’ll be buying in bulk this year.

Of the ones I’ve tried, I’d put in order of preference (from favourite to least favourite): Old Paris, HDT, Santo Domingo, Prince’s, French Carotte, Patchouli, Bordeaux, Prince’s Special, Bureau, Dr. J., Seville. I like them all, though Seville took a while.

Dr. J that’s the one my nose hates. (It smells good but… :frowning: )

I can’t really get on with Old Paris. Not sure why. Morocco, French Carrotte and HDT are my favourites; also partial to Santo D and Princes. I wish there was a F&T SP, as I’m sure I’d love it.

Im a big fan of santo domingo.favourite f+t up to now.

Fribourg & Treyer Kendal Brown Fribourg & Treyer Old Paris Fribourg & Treyer French Carotte I just ordered these.

@Roderick could you please say how many grams are contained in the medium and large tins of F&T on the Toque website? Thanks!

1 Like