How Long does the Smell of Tobacco Stay in Your Nose after a Snuff ?

I don’t think the idea of scenting a snuff is to create a long lasting smell in your nose. In my opinion, the scenting is simply to make the snuff interesting while taking it. There are snuffs which scents last longer than others most of which can be a bit annoying after a while. These don’t usually go over well for all day use. I prefer snuff with a clean finish (like Toque) for all day or pinch after pinch type snuffing.

1 Like

I have the short lived scent prob to, but @Juxtaposer i agree with you, i love the camph&clove toque…but smelling that all day? Might as well lather my neck up with vicks for that lol, but as far as damage to olfactory goes, if you are like me and spent hlf ya life puffin cigs, that as im told kills alot of senses, taste and scent for sure, i think after i been smoke free for a longer period of time, the snuff scents may last longer.

1 Like

12 minutes

1 Like

Depends on the snuff. Some less than a minute ,other more than wanted.

1 Like

I agree with @basement_shaman. Some snuffs lose scent for me in about 5 minutes, some stick around for maybe 10 or 15. Toque snuffs keep me pinching too, because the scent disappears sort of quickly…but that’s okay by me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The question for me would be how long fresh air stays in my nose after my last snuff. Not long:)

2 Likes

The snuff that I use gets my juices flowing, so I need to blow my nose LONG before the smell wears out!

1 Like

Perfumed snuffs last a lot longer for me. If I’m going to be somewhere that smells disagreeable, I do a couple of pinches of GH Sandalwood or one of the more perfumed F&T snuffs like Bordeaux or French Carotte.

1 Like

Some snuffs have what I call a “rebound.” I might catch a wiff of them even after not taking that particular brand for hours. I woke up this morning smelling WE Garrett. My last sniff of Garrett was 12 hours earlier. Although this could be my mind just prodding me to hurry up and find my PC tripletech that contains the Garrett snuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Toque Cheese & Bacon has a long linger and a “rebound” as @Allen called it. Hours later you can get slapped with the cheese stink.

1 Like

I notice the rebound if I have been sniffing away indoors and then go outside into the cold and wind. Some mentholated snuffs will be rebounded hard enough that it feels like the inside if my nose is freezing!

1 Like

Longer than cigi

1 Like

I don’t think that I would want a scent to stay with me any longer than the time between snuffs

1 Like

depends on lots of factors. Didn’t you read the post that basically said the sense of smell is insanily complex and has lots of strange neurological factors effecting our sense of smell. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some Toque flavors do not last very long in the nose but that is ok by me cause the flavors are great. Then I am left with the excellent tobacco flavor so all is good. Last summer I was working at a waste water treatment plant for a couple weeks and English florals and scented Indian snuff came in handy then.

1 Like

You take a pinch every 5 minutes! Well Sir, I prostrate my self before you, unless it’s with one of those Chinese toothpick snuff spoons;)

1 Like

new scents last a minute or two, and always make a big impression. My first experiences with SG Grousemoor and SG Elmo’s Reserve really stood out as long lasting experiences. Like anything else, with familiarity snuff scents are only noticeable when you take a pinch and for a few seconds after.

2 Likes

Depends on the snuff, but my preference are long lasting scents.

1 Like

I prefer scents that don’t just last long but evolve as they last.

1 Like

If you want long lasting try anything from F&T those last a long time

1 Like