What is in your glass at present? favorite mixed drink, favorite brew?

I can appreciate that, but I rarely get the really good stuff, and haven’t developed a very discerned palate. I’m happy with a basic mixed drink. But more power to those who appreciate top quality.

1 Like

The only drink for me is bourbon served neat. Haven’t had anything else in years.

my favorite drink is half and half absinthe and brandy. It’s got a strange taste it’s a nice taste but strange. I add water but not sugar (I don’t take absinthe with sugar by the way, and recomend trying it that way). The thing is the buzz is probably the best alcohol buzz very clear but also very sedaite. Oh I almost forgot you want to add the absinthe first dilute it till it’s almost cloudy then add the brandy, or at least that is how I do it.

White Russian, “the dude” drink

my favorite drink is half and half absinthe and brandy. It’s got a strange taste it’s a nice taste but strange. I add water but not sugar (I don’t take absinthe with sugar by the way, and recomend trying it that way). The thing is the buzz is probably the best alcohol buzz very clear but also very sedaite. Oh I almost forgot you want to add the absinthe first dilute it till it’s almost cloudy then add the brandy, or at least that is how I do it.

I’ll have to try that, I have some absinthe and brandy lying around

Beamish draught, Paddy whiskey, Graham’s white port. Mixed drinks can’t remember, it’s so long time I had one, probably White Russian.

@n9inchnails It’s not for everyone but it’s very good in my opinion. Though it seems to taste better and better as the night goes on.

I’m a Bourbon man myself and my favorite is Fighting Cock. It’s got a real good kick but is also very smooth. Everyone should try it if you can find it, which isn’t terribly easy but it’s 100% worth it if you do. I never mix it with anything because its too good. Since its fall I tried some hard ciders recently too. What I would really like to do is get some cider apples next fall and make my own hard cider. Couldn’t this year cuz our local orchard had a bug or something and hard a very bad harvest unfortunately. They make a apple cinnamon donut there that is the best donut I’ve ever had. Great with a hot glass of apple cider.

I really dig a certain kind of scrumpy hard cider. I just had a nice jasmine tea ginger ale. Probably will drink my Straffe Hendrik (sp?)quadruple in a while.

Glacier Peak Wheatfish Whiskey neat…

I’m a whiskey amateur, I’d be happy with Maker’s Mark and 2 or 3 ice cubes. But I’ve had a bit of Glenfiddich(sp?), and some Dalmore. Suppose it may take a while to develop the palate…

@Mr-O like so many great things it does take time to really appreciate nuances. Just hang in there and try a variety of things. To me most of the cheaper things are really only good for mixing/diluting. but for the good stuff diluting is a waste, of $ and ‘base goodness’.

Yeah, I should try more of them, at this point in time I seem to prefer ones that don’t have a very “hot” taste. In my case in general I tend to mix most spirits other than ales, wines, Jagermeister, schnapps or flavored vodkas. I’ve never even bought myself a full sized bottle of whiskey, so my tasting tends to be when a pal opens one up. Maybe I should dive into it a bit more. Would you recommend one or two for something rather smooth but not too pricey?

Red Rose Black Tea -With a squeeze of lemon. I like to possess my own soul and don’t invite spirits in to play havoc with my life. @Mr_O when I did consume, Crown Royal was my go to whiskey , smooth

1 Like

Fernet Branca at the moment

There’s a dark rose tea that I picked up at my (nearly) local tea shop. It seems between a black and a puerrh in taste, nice. I consider myself lucky to be able to have just 1 to 3 drinks when I do, and not lose control or have any negative consequences really. It’s not my favorite thing to do but it can be nice sometimes. It’s funny because I’m not - by any means- the “poster child” for moderation in all things :slight_smile:

Muskoka Harvest Ale. This one comes out every autumn here in Ontario, I’m not sure how widely it’s distributed. It’s a bit heavily hopped for my simple tastes but a nice treat.

a wine that the best thing I can say about it is that it works.

Rusty Nail

I’ve tried a few different Absinthes’ and for me nothing beats Lucid