What Video Game(s) are You Playing?

This thread is obviously about what video games you guys are playing, doesn’t matter if it’s PS3, Xbox, PC, previous consoles, or a arcade machine. I have just finished the Witcher 2 on xbox. I like the idea of having the liberty to choose whose side should I help, and the story really is effected by my decisions in the game. I am only about 1/3 done with the first Mass Effect. In fact that was the reason why I purchased the xbox earlier this year, I was so impressed by Mass Effect 2 and 3 (not so much by the last game, I am sure many of you know why) that I feel it should experience the whole Mass Effect trilogy and see how my femshep’s story began~ :stuck_out_tongue: On the PS3 front, I am playing through Dragon’s Dogma in a snail pace. The game play is excellent and fun, but the lack of a interesting story is dampening my reason to progress in the game. There’s Dragon Age Origins too. The story is excellent, but the game play really isn’t designed for console use. If only it could be more like Dragon’s Dogma in that respect…and I found myself spending more time sorting through the inventory than playing itself… Skyrim…I picked up and promptly put it down. Why is it that when I am fighting an enemy, I feel like slicing through thin air? Something about games made by Bethesda that never appealed to me. Done playing with Dark Souls not so long ago. This game should be categorized as a survival horror… Replaying Red Dead Redemption since yesterday. I finished the game two years ago, but since then I had forgotten about most of the plot, it feels like a totally new game to me now~ :smiley: And I never download Undead Nightmare anyway, I will get to it once I am through with the main plot~ So this is how I am spending my summer~ What are you playing now?

1 Like

I’am currentily plays Kingdoms of Alamur or however it’s spelled. It’s reminds me more of fable if fable didn’t suck. Dark Souls is something I keep playing I don’t know why I can get that into that game.

2 Likes

@bob Do you like the PvP element in Dark Souls? I think this is one of the reasons why the game is difficult as hell (one can play offline, but it doesn’t feel right to be disconnected). Some say this game brings back the hardcore element into gaming, but then I don’t remember there were any old games that came close to Dark Souls’ difficulty.

1 Like

The New Super Mario Bros 2 on the 3DS

3 Likes

I’m playing Mortal Kombat (PS3), Diablo 3, and Farcry 2. I’m not sure i like Farcry 2 yet.

1 Like

Oh dark souls isn’t so much hard as you have to figure it out and it’s not very forgiving of mistakes. I’ve played for hours and slaughtered through things like they where nothing then got killed by something pathetic which is awesome. The PvP part I ignore cause it almost feels like cheating to me. Man a lot of old games where that difficult. And where they didn’t hold any hands either. I love that sense of discovery when you figure out what something really does. Remember it’s super important to know both timing and have your inventory set up (remember you can move while changing items). It’s saved my guy many times to break out a spear when getting PvPed. It’s actualy easier to game players cause you can trick them more. The best guy I made so far is my deprived class guy who I’ve been leveling up each stat equaly. Which makes it easy to handle anything thrown at him. Not great at anything but capable of doing anything. Can tank, or ninja it or magic out. Works great.

Did any Diablo 3 fans see this? https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517/Introducing\_the\_Paragon\_System-8\_20\_2012 I think it’s better than an expansion. Level 60 will no longer be pointless. (Joy!)

1 Like

ace of spades of aceofspades.com a free indie fps

On the 3DS I’ve been playing Super Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Junior- been wanting to play that for years, nostalgic. Also Arcade Solitaire on the ipod(a tweaked version of TriPeaks). I’ve been wanting to try Skyrim on the PS3, the Diablo series, and I’ve been told to check out Dragon Age.

2 Likes

Dragon age is great. It is nice when the combat in a game actualy requires some thinking. God some rpgs might as well just have a button propmt that reads kill enemy like they’re a bug. Though I really hate games with dragons when the dragons are easy to kill. It kind of ruins the magic.

1 Like

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I’m about to go to the Zora temple under the lake. I love this game and have a (probably unhealthy) obsession with Midna.

1 Like

@bob but don’t you think the fighting mechanic feels disjointed?

it often does.

Anybody like(ed) Gauntlet Legends or Gauntlet Dark Legacy? Is Diablo similar? It’s a top-down action-rpg right?

Ps3 Black ops and guitar hero Black ops 2 can’t come soon enough

@Mr. O Diablo is kind of like that, but with leveling, customization, and more elements of an RPG than the Gauntlet series. I’ve been playing since Diablo 1, and I have gotten many hundreds of hours out of each version. It was 10 years between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, and Diablo 2 was still on my computer (and played regularly) when 3 came out. It’s a sickness.

@Dogwalla It’s a sickness that doesn’t need a cure~~ :smiley:

@bob but don’t you think the fighting mechanic feels disjointed?

Which game where you asking this about?

Dogwalla- thank’s for the info! It sounds like a good series, I should just go out and start buying them, hopefully I can find copies of all of them. Are there any good old school turn-based style RPG’s on PC that I should check out? That and classic action-RPG’s are among my top 3 fave genres. I confess that I also have a soft spot for any half decent adventure/platformers I can find.

I’m oldфаг of Arcanum, Quake II & III, Fallout II. These are on my PC, but not played for a half a year.

2 Likes