Fubar SNAFU plain and medicated

Thanks for the additional input. My concern is that grind allowing it to hit hard even though blended, super fine snuffs behave in strange ways when blended. The Mentholated snuff would be great for tweaking a non menthol snuff.

Table slappin menthol…I totally have to try this. It may destroy me, but I must experience the pinnacle of Menthol. I’ll let my boss try it. He hurts himself on everything.

I am curious now…hopefully some 50g white will be back in stock soon at Mr.Snuff so I can get everything at once. My luck is White will come in stock and by then the Snafu will be sold out. If this snuff is as strong as the review suggests, I wonder if it is truly safe for the nasal passages.

@BigSnoot McSnuff. I’am sure it’s totaly safe for the nasal passages. For two reasons. One because I don’t see why that would make it worse, but more importantily because I don’t take medical advice from Manny or Bernard they did poison a bishop or pope or something like that.

@Whalen - the grind is quite fine but no more than many others - I don’t remember it as being super fine. I’m going back a while now - and I didn’t keep my samples because I had to mash the tins to get the snuff out (and they are not snuffs I would use personally, so I didn’t decant and save) - but I think they would blend well. The menthol definitely because you could use very small amounts. I hope the tins have been changed, the ones I had were the size of a 25g J and H Wilson can, but very thin alloy and I had to cut my way in. The lids were jammed on so tight, even releasing the vacuum by puncturing the lid and getting my 20 year old son, who works out, to try and get the top off failed. On the other hand they would make perfect single use containers because there is not one molecule of air going to get in there, so have an airtight jar ready in case. The safety issue is a fair point, but we have no real frame of reference in terms of objective risk assessment - the work has never been done, so it would have to be a case of ‘is this snuff safe for me?’. I can only use a small amount of menthol snuff before rebound congestion gets me, so for me the answer would be ‘no’ for the medicated one. I didn’t find the nicotine in the plain snuff to be worryingly high - it gave me the same sensation I used to get with a good pull on a Marlboro Red first thing in the morning. For me to experience nicotine as an event, rather than a process of constant topping up is unusual - unique in a snuff - but I could have gotten used to it. Anyway, nicotine is good for you:)

Seeing as how this is supposed to be a really strong snuff does SNAFU stand for Seriously Nauseous And Fucked Up?

I wish I could flag that post as “Awesome”

Well that helps clarify the situation. It no doubt will be the “go to” snuff for the thrill seekers. I do not count myself as one of them, since, while I like a good nic snuff, and have made several of my own, I maintain with snus, and my heart will not tolerate a nicotine rush lightly. I find the Dragon to be a satisfying snuff, and am intrigued by the effect the spicing has on mitigating the Rustica drip. I have found the drip to be the biggest impediment to developing any high nic snuff with a Rustica base. I have three large batches of snuff derived from whole leaf just aging in jars awaiting some sort of further alchemy, although I have no further plans for the Rustica. I have found the nicotine content of red burley tips to be more than sufficient for a good snuff. After three years of snuff, while still being a newbie, I seem to push all the other snuffs aside and reach for my original batch Grunt when I want satisfaction. But I do want to applaud the efforts of you, and others, to bring a higher nicotine snuff into being. It has its place.

While on this subject, I have to admit to being smitten with the sudden rush of the “jewel”. That was a very pleasant snuff rush.

Well, this is just way too intriguing… I’ve already ordered a tin. Haha.

Well, this is just way too intriguing… I’ve already ordered a tin. Haha.

Yeah, me too.

I got my tin of F.U.B.A.R. Snafu Plain today, the tin is poorly designed with the coin groove too low to get any leverage, the required tools for opening the tin are pictured below :wink: , I would call this snuff a fairly fine grind with a medium low to low moisture content, it does have a good manure and fish scent too it, similar to a white but not quite as fine and dry, burns a bit kinda peppery and some eye watering, excellent flavor and moderately high nicotine level, Taxi Red has yet to be topped IMO but I guess that’s like comparing apples & oranges.

Damn looks like I need to head to the hardware store before my order gets here hopefully monday

I’m glad it wasn’t just me having a ridiculous time with that tin… And, unlike a Viking tin that opens pretty easily once you pop it, this tin needs a jackhammer every time you want to open it.

I just got both of these in the mail today and really had no problem opening either of them. Sam Gawith 25g tubs are harder to open for me. My initial opinions on these are pretty good. The menthol is quite tasty and a bit different from most, it is strong but not as strong as I was led to believe. Now the plain is quite the beast and much stronger than I thought was possible. The taste of the plain is good once I get past the squinting from my eyes watering. As others have said these two will be most effective when using as a mixer and that is probably where they will get most mileage. Real fun stuff.

It never seen to fail ,after I place an order something new arrives or some special deal. No matter both are on the list and I will review them. Although using this snuff may just ruin the enjoyment of simpler snuff.

I have been using Snafu Plain almost exclusively for over 6 months now, it’s my goto and I am finding a major inconsistency issues with it, meaning every new tin I open has a completely different scent, the new tinned I popped today smells like a 6 photo snuff with the typical indian aspects to it, not bad but when it’s supposed to be a plain snuff not good either.

LOL fubar in Hebrew means a real major screw up.

@SnuffSniffer I have never had any luck with consistency on Fubar or Qsnuff (both made by Dholakia for Mr. Snuff) and it doesn’t make sense as to why. Dholakia, in my experience, has had a ver consistent product, but those two contract brands are just bizarre with how much they can vary. It’s made me very disappointed so find a snuff I like, order massive quantities of it, then find out that I got a different batch so it smells different. It’s taken them completely off my reorder list to be quite honest. Perhaps I’m just a whiner like that :wink:

+1 for the consistency issue. Plus it seams that all of my Dholakia products I’ve ordered more than once and have had for more than 5 or six months have developed a certain sharpness (except for my original 25gr tub of grunt and my Snafu plain)

1 Like