Fubar SNAFU plain and medicated

??? This got my attention! What could it be? Hmmm. A Stronger than D white snuff! From Dholakia, and a Fubar? Must try this, forget the menthol, Head spinning nic and hard to take. A ultra fine grind Rustica with high PH? Smelling salts added? Hmmm.

It sounds pretty incredible… I haven’t had a nic-hit that good in a long time! Would you say it was a tolerable, pleasurable, or never-touch-it-again kind of pain? Is it comparable to the way Grunt grows on you?

To me it sounds like a niche snuff that will be just too much trouble to try to take all the time, but it may be of some use as a blender, although, after seeing what a weaponized snuff Dholakia is capable of making, it may be just too fine to be pleasant, even in a blend. Must try this one though, it has strong appeal from a collectors standpoint.

I seen this today too. I am placing an order for it probably tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it. If anything I’m sure it could be used for a good mixer to add a little or by the sounds of it a big bang to other snuffs. If nobody else has posted a review of it by the time I get it I will post something myself :slight_smile:

That’s what I was thinking-- if anything, to use as a mix for the nicotine content. I’m gonna have to get some… Even if it’s only useful as a trap for snuff thieves…

The Mr. Snuff advert quotes Snuffster “…certainly the most powerful snuff I have ever tried” But perhaps this is misleading… “No flavour as such just an agonising menthol experience” might be the more appropo quote. :))

Hype does sell. put a model in a swimsuit and my wallet is out. You had me at snuff.

2 Likes

I’ll buy the plain just to try it. I am slowly getting more accustomed to the Dholakia toast. I think those were pretty easy to take for Snuffster. I have to experience this…

What does SNAFU mean? I know what FUBAR is but not that. Stefan

Situation Normal- All F*#&$ Up

The menthol is like nothing else I’ve come across. When I say it has no flavour, just an ‘agonising menthol blast’, that’s just as accurately as I can describe it. This is such an off the scale product that it’s hard to liken to anything else. Is it like FUBAR? - no, not even remotely, I don’t actually think the FUBAR range is all that potent. If the two snuffs that are on sale now are the same formulation as the prototypes I was asked to give an opinion on a few months ago, then they are in a category of their own and even Dholakia white, manjul, kamal and those high-penetration snuffs come nowhere near. I think it’s possible that a user who has really mastered the strongest snuffs and has a very good technique could learn to enjoy the plain, maybe. The menthol - I’m not so sure. When I took the first pinch of that, I was sitting at my dining room table with my notebook and my wife walked in to find me pounding the table and using expletives not fit to repeat on a gentleman’s site (or said in front of your wife - she forgave me though). My take on these is that they would make useful, neutral blenders - like putting a dash of Polish spirit in a cocktail. There is actually a lot of scope for them used like that. If you like those candy snuffs but can’t find any nicotine in them, then the plain would pep them up, if you have pined for a mentholated Royal George all your life - you have the right tool for the job. These snuffs are very much strength over flavour, but that does give a practical application because they could be added to other snuffs without much effect on the taste. @basement_shaman - of course, but suspend disbelief until you have tried them. Enjoy! (nb - the notes on the Mr Snuff site are taken from the actual ones I sent Dave after I tried them, they were not composed as a public review, although I have no problem them being used, just to emphasise they were not written for the purpose of hyping the products)

Thanks for the additional input. My concern is that grind allowing it to hit hard even though blended, super fine snuffs behave in strange ways when blended. The Mentholated snuff would be great for tweaking a non menthol snuff.

Table slappin menthol…I totally have to try this. It may destroy me, but I must experience the pinnacle of Menthol. I’ll let my boss try it. He hurts himself on everything.

I am curious now…hopefully some 50g white will be back in stock soon at Mr.Snuff so I can get everything at once. My luck is White will come in stock and by then the Snafu will be sold out. If this snuff is as strong as the review suggests, I wonder if it is truly safe for the nasal passages.

@BigSnoot McSnuff. I’am sure it’s totaly safe for the nasal passages. For two reasons. One because I don’t see why that would make it worse, but more importantily because I don’t take medical advice from Manny or Bernard they did poison a bishop or pope or something like that.

@Whalen - the grind is quite fine but no more than many others - I don’t remember it as being super fine. I’m going back a while now - and I didn’t keep my samples because I had to mash the tins to get the snuff out (and they are not snuffs I would use personally, so I didn’t decant and save) - but I think they would blend well. The menthol definitely because you could use very small amounts. I hope the tins have been changed, the ones I had were the size of a 25g J and H Wilson can, but very thin alloy and I had to cut my way in. The lids were jammed on so tight, even releasing the vacuum by puncturing the lid and getting my 20 year old son, who works out, to try and get the top off failed. On the other hand they would make perfect single use containers because there is not one molecule of air going to get in there, so have an airtight jar ready in case. The safety issue is a fair point, but we have no real frame of reference in terms of objective risk assessment - the work has never been done, so it would have to be a case of ‘is this snuff safe for me?’. I can only use a small amount of menthol snuff before rebound congestion gets me, so for me the answer would be ‘no’ for the medicated one. I didn’t find the nicotine in the plain snuff to be worryingly high - it gave me the same sensation I used to get with a good pull on a Marlboro Red first thing in the morning. For me to experience nicotine as an event, rather than a process of constant topping up is unusual - unique in a snuff - but I could have gotten used to it. Anyway, nicotine is good for you:)

Seeing as how this is supposed to be a really strong snuff does SNAFU stand for Seriously Nauseous And Fucked Up?

I wish I could flag that post as “Awesome”

Well that helps clarify the situation. It no doubt will be the “go to” snuff for the thrill seekers. I do not count myself as one of them, since, while I like a good nic snuff, and have made several of my own, I maintain with snus, and my heart will not tolerate a nicotine rush lightly. I find the Dragon to be a satisfying snuff, and am intrigued by the effect the spicing has on mitigating the Rustica drip. I have found the drip to be the biggest impediment to developing any high nic snuff with a Rustica base. I have three large batches of snuff derived from whole leaf just aging in jars awaiting some sort of further alchemy, although I have no further plans for the Rustica. I have found the nicotine content of red burley tips to be more than sufficient for a good snuff. After three years of snuff, while still being a newbie, I seem to push all the other snuffs aside and reach for my original batch Grunt when I want satisfaction. But I do want to applaud the efforts of you, and others, to bring a higher nicotine snuff into being. It has its place.

While on this subject, I have to admit to being smitten with the sudden rush of the “jewel”. That was a very pleasant snuff rush.