What is in your glass at present? favorite mixed drink, favorite brew?

My summer brew is apple juice, plus Cezanne Belgian yeast, plus about a week fermenting before bottling, bottle, wait 7 days, and plunge bottles into 190 degree water for exactly ten minutes. This yields a store able (heat pasteurized) bottle of apple cider with lovely Belgian characteristics, fruit, great mouth feel, and tiny bubbles.

2 Likes

I’m currenlty supping Marston’s Old Empire, after watching England fail miserably in yet another penalty shootout. It’s doing it’s job lol.

Stefan

right now, evan williams green label bourbon. only $15 a litre. suppose I’m a cheap SOB

1 Like

My favorite drink is absinthe, but after the day I’ve had, I’m going to be downing a 40 of Schlitz.

1 Like

Favorites: Highland Park 12 yo, Rye Manhattans, Gin Martinis (Plymouth or Beefeater), Brown Ales, Stouts and Porters, Espresso, Yorkshire tea, Absinthes and Arack, medium Madeiras and Sherries. Tonight will be Sandeman’s Royal Corregidor Old Oloroso Sherry.

@Harlequin same here, just love that green fairy.

Dark and Stormy cocktail. With Gosling’s rum and Fentiman’s ginger beer.

1 Like

Evan Wiliams. I prefer Jim Bean Rye, but any port in a storm.

1 Like

A very nice chilled ginger, cinnamon, basil tea with a touch of lavender.

Like @Scurvy I do like a good gin and tonic, but have to have good gin and plenty of lime.  Otherwise a good highland scotch neat.  NNNIIIIICCCCEEEE

A nice glass of Betty Stoggs http://www.skinnersbrewery.com/beers.php

No booze in my cup right now, it’s tea most of the time. But, I’m a beer guy and I’ve got plenty of favorites so I’ll just post a few. Shiner Bock (New favorite as of this year) Newcastle Brown Ale (Always been one of my top 5) Grolsch Honey Brown Guinness Landshark (Another new favorite) Hofbrau Oktoberfest Switchback (A beer that is brewed and sold exclusively in Burlington, VT I believe. Very, very good.) There’s just a few, I could go on forever.

Presently, Bush b/c its a cheap beer that does not give me headache. I can always go for Newcastle Brown Ale or Red Stripe, when i can afford it. Recently, i’ve tuned into something a lot allready know-Drinking beer at anything (edit:below) cellar temperature is pedestrian and foolish.

Ardbeg. I’ve been enjoying a little too much beer lately and could use a calorie break. I do love the Poet Stout by New Holland Brewery.

1 Like

In the morning, Sencha or Irish Breakfast. At night, The Root; this is the liquor that root beer was based on.

Right now it’s iced coffee. My favorite mixed drinks are: Snake Bite - Yukon Jack and lime juice Rusty Nail - Scotch, Drambuie, Lemon peel. When I am in a contemplative mood, I just put some ice into a glass of Ouzo or Romana Sambuca and watch the ouzo effect. (The ouzo/sambuca changes from clear to milky white.)

@howdydave i also enjoy Snakebites, and these things called pickled mexicans - jose mixed with a splash of dill pickle juice topped off with a dill chip. Big fan of whiskey gingers and damn near all beer.

I must try lots of mixed drinks, pretty inexperienced. But I love a good, strong gin and tonic, maybe a martini with lime instead of olive, an old fashioned, Campari and soda, Long Island iced tea. But it’s usually strong beer…

1 Like

Tend to just like to slowly sip and savor… why dilute a good scotch, butbon, rum or vodka???

I can appreciate that, but I rarely get the really good stuff, and haven’t developed a very discerned palate. I’m happy with a basic mixed drink. But more power to those who appreciate top quality.

1 Like