What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

How often do you have to clean out the “well” in a Pete System pipe? I suppose pretty often???

I here with some well system pipes some put a piece of cotton to absorb the moisture.This make it easy to avoid build up of tar. I mostly just clean the stem not often enough .really nasty to get a big glob of tar let loose and hit the roof of the mouth.Most aros clog pipes fast ;they burn hot and moist and it takes discipline to smoke slowly. I am just getting back to some for a change of pace

brown rope

I have gotten to really like the Kaywoodie’s with the drinkless system. I didn’t think I would, but the maintainence is so easy- even mid-smoke, and I haven’t had one get too loose on me yet. A pal gave me an old Falcon, but the bowl is so very loose, I don’t know how long of a life span those have, but now I’m just a little extra cautious about any unfamiliar system pipe. I usually stick to Englishes and VA’s, so I know the bummer when I have the occasional gurgley pipe full of an aro. 

Robert McConnell Scottish Cake in my Italian Spigot Billiard. Stellar VaPer.

Peter Stokkebye French Vanilla in my Stanwell Trio

Dunhill Nightcap (Orlik iteration) in my '49 Pete System Standard 314.

Grand Orientals Samsun, H&H Admiralty, and Irish Flake all half smoked waiting to be finished off at some point in time.

McClelland 2035

McClelland Black Sea Sokhoum in my Tsuge Tokyo 553

MacBaren Virginia No.1 in a Tsuge

Grousemore plug in a clay

This afternoon it was Grasmere Flake in my '70s Dr. Plumb Extra, tonight it’s Commonwealth in my '49 Pete 314.

Macbaren Virginia No.1 broken flake.

Mmmm, love that tobacco.  :slight_smile:

Escudo in a Peterson System 305

McClelland Katerini Classic in my Peterson 150

GL Pease Quiet Nights in my Ser Jacopo Bent Dublin;  I have a really hard time getting into these Latakia heavy blends.  This is a good blend to be sure, but it’s really lost on me.

Why not just Turkish/VA/Cavendish it up? But the best solution clearly is to just mail it to me :slight_smile:

Fox Bankers in my Thorburn Clark Bent Bulldog. This is an excellent blend, better in a Briar than a Meer.

GH American Delite in my Comoy’s Made Champion Old Root. My favourite aro by a mile.

G&H Brown Flake in my Jarl Lumberman