SG 1792 in one of my Peterson Tankards

S. Gawith Perfection in a Grenci lovat.

Dorchester in a Peterson System 305

Macbaren Virginia No.1 broken flake.

GH Curly Cut

1792 Flake in a Pete XL23

PS Proper English

Grousemoor in a Castello searock

SG Sam’s Flake in my Dr. Plumb Meer-Lined Billiard. After a rocky start, this tobacco has become one of my absolute favourites. Such a tasty flake-reminds me of a strong coffee with a Hazlenut syrup shot in it. Beautiful stuff! As for the pipe, I bought it 6wks or so ago and it’s become my unequivocal #1 smoker. I love the stable, neutral characteristics of the Meer and it smokes absolutely perfectly. The only pipes I have that come close are my Thorburn Clark Bent Bulldog and my '49 Pete System Standard 314. I’m even thinking of eBaying some of the other vintage Briars I’ve restored in order to bankroll the purchase of some more Meer-Lined Plumb pipes. The range is huge, and I’d love maybe a large bent billiard and a rhodesian to go with what I have. If they smoke half as well as my current Plumb Meer I’d be in hog heaven.

1792 in a Peterson System 303

Revor Plug in a no-name plateau-top Canadian

How often do you have to clean out the “well” in a Pete System pipe? I suppose pretty often???

@Mr.O I clean out the well of my 314 after every smoke. I like to keep it fresh.

I’m currently smoking SG Westmorland Mixture in my Plumb Meer. I’m amazed this blend isn’t more popular. As far as light Englishes go this is right up there-better than EMP in my opinion.

@Mr.O your supposed to clean out your pipes after every smoke regardless of make or style.

Granger in a cob of course .

Gawith Hoggarth Brown flake aromatic in a peterson donegal rocky

I suppose, I wasn’t thinking about it like that. Typically I will run a cleaner through after a smoke, but that doesn’t require removing the stem, which a lot of people try not to do very often- especially before the pipe cools down.