What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

McClelland Black Sea Sokhoum in my Tsuge Tokyo 553

I’ve had the same problem with p-lips and the roof of my mouth, ditto for clays with their narrow fast smoke stream–end up with a spot of swelling, not pleasant. I also find the lumpy bit uncomfortable. Probably the way I smoke, but I prefer fishtails.

Yeah, at least I have a decent number of pipes that work nicely. Does anyone else like Kaywoodies? Someone got me started on them, and - perhaps a little surprisingly the “drinkless system” doesn’t bother me at all. Also I’ve been informed that the briar is first x-rayed before it becomes a pipe, so you know the pipe has no hidden sediment etc beneath the surface.

Commonwealth Mixture in a Clarence Mickles jumbo bent Billiard.

Presbytarian mix in a falcon.

Dorchester in a Pete 80s…this is good stuff but I think Dunbar is nicer.

@ PieterClassen, Dorchester is less pronounce then the Dunbar like a Macintosh to a Winesap /apple to apples or VaPer to VaPer. it probably that extra Virginia that make the difference. Still a top notch tobacco at a value price. Just got a large assortments of Esoterica ,and I am working my way threw them. All tasty so far! In the pipe now And so to bed in a Pete 999.

@basement_shaman, I’m actually liking the Dorchester more and more the more I smoke it!!  Easy to light and keep going, nice, rich and sweet “tongue taste” all the way down to the bottom.  I’ve received this tobacco by accident (should have been Dunbar) but I’m going to order some more.  Very good value for money, indeed.

Smoking a bowl of Dorchester right now in a Stanwell canadian.

Escudo in my Peterson Darwin Premiere

GLP Montgomery in a Tsuge Natural bent apple

I wish it was foxes bankers cause that blend is freaking awesome (side not do not smoke it in a corncob, cobs are awesome but some tobaccos do not give full flavor in a pipe) but it’s going to be my chocolate flake (which is a really decent blend but far from my favorite.

and it’s going to be in my awesome churchwarden meerschaum. Got it cheap cause there are some noticable scratches on it. Love high end products because they have to be perfect. Like if I paid full price and saw the little little scratches on it I’d be pissed but at less then half price who gives a flying fox.

Just popped open a tin of hearth and home’s Armada.
I just want to stuff my face in it .lots of smokiness and spice, constantly good down to the fine ash, very cool smoke.I’ll be getting more of this

S. Gawith “Best Brown Flake” in an Ascorti bulldog.

Samuel Gawith’s Sam’s Flake in my Compass Cardinal Bulldog. I must say, this is the first SG I’ve tried that I dislike. It tastes like cardboard that’s been soaked in stale coffee then rubbed gently on a dead Baboon’s arse.

@Jinder I’m not a fan of Sam’s Flake either, but its still better than Firedance.

@Jinder, how do YOU know what tobacco tastes like that was rubbed on a dead baboon’s arse?!!!

Smoking Escudo in a Pete 80s now, will have some Blue Mountain in a Davidoff Dublin later tonight.

I love Sam’s Flake. 

SG Kendal Plug in my Peterson Cap’n Pete XL21