What's in your pipe? (Part 1)

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in my Meer-lined Dr. Plumb billiard. First time out with this tobacco and first impressions are excellent…opened the tin, rubbed out a roll, 3-stage filled it and lit up with no probs. Nice mellow VaPer with none of the odd aftertaste that Scottish Cake has. I love how classy Dunhill tobaccos are. Just a great smoke.

Christmas Cheer 2011 in a Davidoff lovat 410

Edgeworth Sliced in a Flame Grain Kaywoodie billiard

Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo in a baby churchwarden/pot

Royal Yacht in a Peterson Donegal Rocky canadian

furious-- did you buy the Edgeworth recently? Haven’t seen it in a while…

Sure did. Scored an old sealed 1.5 ounce tin from that auction site. Flakes were quite dry as one would expect after 55 years or so but smoked beautifully. Sweet molasses and nutty notes and cool all the way down to the heel.

Nice! I’ve actually never had it- was on my to try list, then it seemed to disappear from the market. Isn’t it a burley based blend(if I remember right)? I did kind of like thier ready-rubbed, but that’s kind of different huh?

Earlier I was really enjoying some SG Westmorland Mixture in my Pete Shamrock 86S, currently lapping up some Commonwealth Mixture in my '49 Pete System Standard 314. It’s raining and cold…to quote @pieterclaassen, “it’s Latakia weather”!

@Mr. O Yes, it’s a burley blend with a good dose of dark Kentucky and what I think is a casing of molasses. It’s really great stuff either sliced or ready rubbed, but I’d give a slight edge to the former as it has more concentrated flavor and so smooth.

Mccleland old World Classic in a new meer

Sounds good furious, smoke a little extra for me!

GH Dark Flake, scented for me this evening.

Granger in a cob.

SG BBF

GLP Cairo in A GBD estate.

S. Gawith Commonwealth in a Castello gg65

1888 early day in a ebony killarney 80s fish tail

Do most of you Peterson people prefer the fishtail? That’s how I have my 2 Peterson’s, it seems like the P-lip can fry the roof of your mouth a bit.

@Mr. O

Depend on what is in the pipe. I puff like a locomotive with some tobacco. others I sip so yes the P lip thing just makes a difference but so does the shape of the bowl narrow, wide ,deep. They all play a role on the flavor and heat of the smoke.Packing and tamping also makes a world of difference. I personally prefer the fishtail,they also are easier to run the brush threw.